Thursday, June 12, 2014

Jun | 12 | The cat, the canary, and some casting crowns

PRIZE

The cat, the canary, and some casting crowns

John 3:26,27
And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified — behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him!" John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given to him from heaven. NKJV

False fire can be produced by a multitude of ‘magic tricks,’ yes, right from the mis-use of technology up to slick marketing and the use of emotive music hung large with big bags of prosperity lies, false fire abounds. It always has, it always will. False fire can also be brought from the very pit of hell, all manifest with misleading signs and wonders and all the spiritual abuse that goes with the same, and I am not talking about Pastors who rightly tell you what you can and cannot do! No, I am not talking about those increasingly few Pastors who call sin out and command you to ‘fess up and face up your own darkness, yes, who call you to own that stench which is your very own! That is not spiritual abuse my friends, that is love. Even so, I digress. The fact is, that false fire abounds and with it false prophets, false religions, sectarian movements, cults and chains, dungeons and dragons.

The spiritual prosperity of Jesus was a gift of the Father, it originated in heaven and manifested itself upon the earth. True spiritual power, convicting power, converting power, changing power, healing power, saving power, can only descend from heaven. The devil can give you all the kingdoms of this world, (Matthew 4:19) but only God can give you a place of true spiritual authority and real spiritual power, yes, this kind of receiving on earth is via a taking from heaven. A handover occurs. Position, gifts, power and authority are taken from an open handed heaven. Not one think like this can be taken, can be received, unless it is given. Not one thing. Nothing.

Friend, God is the Sovereign Lord and your commission came from above. Power was given for its execution and for its fulfillment. Therefore, know your commission, yes, know the purpose and length of it and know the power of it. John knew all of this for himself. He knew it intimately, yes, he knew the receiving of it and the passing of it. He knew the reality of it, the rigors that came with it and the reward of running with it to the end. Therefore he rightly rejoiced in seeing another take up their very own commission, for theirs too came from heaven. All true spiritual success, you see, comes from the same source.

My commission is from heaven. Its successful completion has my crown attached to it. No matter how difficult my present path, I am determined that no other man shall get my crown. So, when I see other people truly prospering in their ministries, even if I disagree with them on some doctrinal issue, even if dislike them over some personal slight or character trait, providing their power and success comes from the same source, (and this is most easily discernible) then it is right that I should rejoice. Indeed, there is great safety in such joy, for the cat and the canary of jealousy and envy, always die in the thick atmosphere of such rejoicing.

Tell me then today: Why are you here? What is your commission? Where is your determination in its fulfillment? Where is the power? Oh and by the way, is that a set of bagpipes under your arm or a smelly old cat I see? Yes, is that a canary you are carrying in that gilded little cage, where an open hand of praise should be? Careful now friend. Careful.

Listen:- Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying: "You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created." Revelation 4:9-11 NKJV

Pray: -  Send me my sailing orders Lord, as I stand with my face to the sea, yes, give me a mission to go on Lord, a commission made only for me. Grant me a vision divine my Lord, a commission that’s fitted for me, and when the clink of the casting abounds my Lord, my crown will come rolling to thee.

If this Everyday Bible Insight has helped you - then do please share it! 
Also, why not go to your devices iTunes store (or other) and write us a great review - 5 Stars if course!




Did you know that we are preaching from each of the 66 Books of the Holy Bible in the 66 Most Influential Cities of the 250 Nations of the World? That's 16,500 cities which will hear a solid prophetic message from each book of the Bible over the next 25 years! Do you want to be part of this? Then please go to www.66Cities.TV to find out how.







  

No comments: