Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dec | 19 | Completing Circles

Dream Word – PREPARE

Exodus 4:19-20 Now the Lord said to Moses in Midian, “Go, return to Egypt; for all the men who sought your life are dead.” NKJV

Completing Circles

Do you know how to draw a circle with a dot in the centre without removing your pencil from the paper itself? OK, let me tell you!

First, draw a dot in the middle of the paper. Now, fold over the edge of the paper so that it touches the pencil. No need to crease the paper or move the pencil off the paper. Now, draw a straight line up onto the fold and from there, draw a quarter circle, drawing right down off the edge of the fold back onto the original plane. Now, unfold the paper, and where you are right now, is exactly where you need to be. Now, simply draw a circle with the dot at the centre. Simple!

The thing I like most about this neat little exercise, this trick in mental agility, is that the task can only be achieved, can only be completed, by first of all moving in an arc from the facing plane of the paper to the rear and unseen plane of the paper, brought near by a fold. The fold must occur and the journey must be travelled before you can re-enter the plane of your destiny and complete the circle around the point!

Now whether you like it or not, life is really similar to this. Sometimes to complete the task, we have to the leave the plane of our travels before re-entering it at a more appropriate point in maybe both space and time. Sometimes, before you can lead Israel to the promised land, you have to spend forty years in the back side of the desert, drawing an unseen arc across the wilderness before you are drawn back onto your original plane to complete the circle of your calling. Can you see that?

Listen: - But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother. (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.) Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which were in Christ. But they were hearing only, "He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy." And they glorified God in me. Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. Galatians 1:15-2:2 NKJV

Pray:- Lord, I know the longer my arc, the bigger my circle. Let it be so O Lord, let it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

No comments: