Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dec | 06 | Not Many Days from Now

Key Word:- HOPE

Title:- Not Many Days from Now

Acts 1:5 
for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.

Christopher Marlowe, was born in Canterbury, England, in 1564. A prolific writer, one of his best known poems is entitled, 'The Passionate Shepherd to his love'. Here, six stanzas of pure and pleasurable possibilities are capped with this final invitation, 'If these delights thy mind may move, Then live with me, and be my Love'.

Jesus had previously said to his disciples, 'It is to your advantage I go away, for then I shall send the Helper to you, who will guide you into all truth, speak to you what He hears from Me, and tell you of things to come. He will make sure you do not feel deserted, so that you do not live as orphans but as sons of the living God'. In other words dear friends Jesus is saying, 'If these delights thy mind may move, Then live with me, and be my Love'.
Marlowe was the prodigal son who never returned. A faker and a fugitive, Marlowe in his fleeing from God became a self made orphan who in the end, even denied God's existence. As an awful forger of gold coins he had been deported from the Netherlands and lastly as an angry fugitive, he was murdered in a bar brawl aged 29.

Aged 33 Christ our lover, our passionate shepherd was crucified for our sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day. Conquering death, He purchased our redemption, buying back all that had been lost. Everything! And to us, His beloved little lambs, He gives the Holy Spirit, the fulfillment of all the previous promises of pleasurable and pure possibilities. Dear friends, wait for whatever He has told you. For it shall surely come to pass, not many days from now.
'If these delights thy mind may move, Then live with me, and be my Love'.

Listen:-“Whatever He says to you, do it.” John 2:5

Pray:- Your delights have moved me O Lord, I want to live in You and I want to live with You and I want for You to be my love. So I will wait on You O Lord and I will hope in You forever. Amen.

 

No comments: