Thursday, August 2, 2012

Aug | 02 | The Realtor & The Real Estate

Key Word:-BELIEVE

Title:- The Realtor & The Real Estate  

Genesis 13:17 Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you.”
 
So I said to him “I’m looking for a new house.” He smiles shakes my hand sits me down and begins ‘the financial probing.’ This guy has been around a bit. I can tell this by measuring the time it takes to get from the handshake, to the seamless discovery of what I can afford to spend. He doesn’t want to offend me but ‘time is money’ for him and he doesn’t want to waste his time showing me a property I cannot afford. “Ah ,I’ve got just the home for you” he says with an ‘I can’t believe the coincidence of this ’ look on his face. He continues, “And you won't believe it” (he’s right, I won't.) “It only recently came on the market. I tell you if no one snaps this up soon I’m going to buy it for my daughter. Tell you what, take the keys, it’s not far from here and take your time. Walk through the house, take it all in and make sure the wife is with you, she will just love it. Then, when you see why this house is so perfect for you, bring back the keys and let’s talk.” Getting real excited now he exclaims, “Man! I just want you to see this place before we go any further. It’s gonna blow you away!”

God is no sleek realtor, no professional estate agent, yet it seems to me in our text for today that He does say to Abraham, “You gotta see this place Abe baby, you’re gonna love it!” Abraham had to take time to take in the magnitude of the promise. The stars in the sky, the sand on the ground, the length and breadth of the land. He had to look and he had to see and believe and then bring back the keys to the Lord God Almighty. “I tell you” says God “It’s enormous, it’s magnificent, it’s beautiful for situation, it’s ample room for you, the kids, the grand kids, the whole massive family, man it’s yours and you know what? I am giving it to you baby. It’s not gonna cost you a cent, no sir, it’s yours, it's a free gift from me, a promise and I tell you what Abraham, take the keys, go and see, walk up and down, in and out, cross the rivers, climb the mountains, feel the grass, smell the roses, cause it’s all yours. What do I want?" The Lord says incredulously, “What do I want? I want some anticipation Abe baby, I want some expectancy, I want some joy before the promise, I want to see you happy, I want to see you drooling, I want you hungry in belief, I want to see some deep inward longing, wanting, believing. Then, when you see why this house is perfect for you, bring back the keys and let’s talk. Man! I just want you to see this place before we go any further. It’s gonna blow you away.”

Friends we need to take time to walk through the land of our inheritance. We need to take time to meditate on the Scriptures, to think on Jesus and allow the dimension of our divine inheritance to make it’s eternal impression upon us. We need to walk through the land. I tell you, If your expectant belief and drooling hunger is not giving you heartburn this side of heaven in the long dark night of your soul, then you need to get out and start walking friends. Start walking and start looking, start drinking, start exploring and start talking about the real things, the unseen things, the eternal things. You’ve got the keys, so now for the first time in your life maybe, go take a good long look. Here is what Jesus says to you today: “Good grief friends! I just want you to see this place before we go any further. It’s gonna blow you away.”

Listen:- These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them. Hebrews 11:13-16

Pray:- Lord. I do declare that I am a stranger and a pilgrim in a foreign land. Please begin the guided tour today of all I possess in you Lord Jesus. Amen.

No comments: