Sunday, August 26, 2012

Aug | 26 | Hold Fast

Key Word:- PERSEVERE

Title:- Hold Fast

Revelation 3:8 for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name..

Corporal Jones, the calmest platoon leader who ever lived and veteran of the Crimea War, knew the enemy “did not like it up 'em” and we can all say an Amen to that! The highly decorated and very vocal (once he had permission to speak) Corporal Jones, would have had great empathy with this poem by Rudyard Kipling entitled. ‘Infantry Columns’. So today, I dedicate this poem to the millions of faithful men and women, who get up at the same time each morning and travel to the same job every single day and who by their faithful and consistent lives, give great testimony to Jesus each and every day.

(to be read to a marching rhythm)

We're foot-slog-slog-slog-sloggin' over Africa -
Foot-foot-foot-foot-sloggin' over Africa -
(Boots-boots-boots-boots-movin' up an' down again!)
There's no discharge in the war!

Don't-don't-don't-don't-look at what's in front of you.
(Boots-boots-boots-boots-movin' up an' down again)
Men-men-men-men-men go mad with watchin' em,
An' there's no discharge in the war!

Try-try-try-try-to think o' something different -
Oh-my-God-keep-me from goin' lunatic!
(Boots-boots-boots-boots-movin' up an' down again!)
There's no discharge in the war!

Count-count-count-count-the bullets in the bandoliers.
If-your-eyes-drop-they will get atop o' you!
(Boots-boots-boots-boots-movin' up an' down again) -
There's no discharge in the war!

We-can-stick-out-'unger, thirst, an' weariness,
But-not-not-not-not the chronic sight of 'em -
Boot-boots-boots-boots-movin' up an' down again,
An' there's no discharge in the war!

'Taint-so-bad-by-day because o' company,
But night-brings-long-strings-o' forty thousand million
Boots-boots-boots-boots-movin' up an' down again.
There's no discharge in the war!

I-'ave-marched-six-weeks in 'Ell an' certify
It-is-not-fire-devils, dark, or anything,
But boots-boots-boots-boots-movin' up an' down again,
An' there's no discharge in the war!


Friends when your calling and your obedience to it, leads to the often boring predictability of 'the daily grind', know that despite the lack of excitement and terror, you are never the less in very known and demanding circumstances. Called repetition, consistent witness and careful treading, demand a dedicated and faithful perseverance that will not go unrewarded for there is nothing more demanding than the daily grind.

Listen:- Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. Revelation 3:10-11

Pray: - O Lord, let me not hide myself in the mundane, or allow my heart to die in the debilitating and seeming nothingness of my days, that pass like infantry columns going nowhere. Where You have called me to be persistently and constantly faithful in the daily grind, give me the power to persevere in pleasing You. Give me please the warmth of Your pleasure on my back and the joy of Your presence in my front, for it is You who has called me here. Help me to hold fast. In Jesus name I ask this, Amen!



No comments: