Monday, August 13, 2012

Aug | 13 | Strongholds Footholds & Sinkholes

Key Word:- FIGHT

Title:- Strongholds Footholds & Sinkholes

Zechariah 9:11,12  “As for you also, Because of the blood of your covenant, I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit. Return to the stronghold, You prisoners of hope. Even today I declare That I will restore double to you.

Sinkholes are common in land where the rock beneath the soil surface is carboniferous limestone or salt beds. Essentially, they are found in places where the rock is literally dissolved over time. As rain and circulating ground water eats the rock away, eventually a chasm will develop beneath the surface, until one day, the space grows so large that it can no longer support what is above it and then ‘Whooompeta!’ The ground gives way and all above is swallowed into a giant hole of devastation.

The debate over a Christian's ability to be ‘possessed’ or ‘oppressed’ by forces of darkness is not neatly sidestepped by the term 'demonization' but is rather, far better addressed and understood. The demonization of Christians then, is not a popular subject amongst the body of the church because after all, it brings with it a certain downgrading of our spirituality, don’t you think? Yet I tell you I have stepped out of bed some mornings and before I’ve rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, I know the devil is on my case, on my back, indeed, there are times when I can feel his hot breath on my neck! I feel demonized in the sense of being attacked, oppressed, unusually depressed, sick without cause, fearful, mistrustful, panicky etc. Shall I continue?

Now before you think I attribute all of these things to demonic influence, let me tell you that I do not. However, I am coming to know the difference between the ravage of the baggage of my own sin and that which is stirred up externally and put upon me from without! Friends, we are involved in a spiritual war and it rages over and around our hearts and minds and bodies every single day. THIS is why we are called to put on armor, resist the devil, take up especially the weapons of the Word and all kinds of prayer and then to brandish them as destructive implements of devastation which are mighty in the demolishing of strongholds. In addition to this as saved and sanctified sappers, by continual confession, repentance and forgiveness, we must forge on in the filling in of the many footholds we have also given to the enemy.

It is these footholds, these places of unforgiveness and these places of festering hurt and lying agreement with the enemy, these strongholds, that will if left unattended, eat away a chasm of emptiness beneath the seeming settled surface of our lives. Unless we fight and fill, then one day the surface of our world will collapse beneath our feet and ‘Whooompeta!’ All above shall be swallowed into a giant hole of devastation.

Dear friend, demons assail you and their intent is your fall, destruction, and the devastation of all God and all good that is connected to you. They seek a hole-iness of the collapsing kind. Today, may I suggest that if you feel the ground beginning to give way beneath your feet, then there are probably are some strongholds and footholds to be dealt with, for friends there are fightings and fillings that we all must attend to and until we do this, we shall all continue to be demonized at some level and in some dark way, that makes the ground seem to quiver beneath our steadfast feet.

Listen:- No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the LORD. Isaiah 54:17

Pray:- Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. Matthew 6:9-13

No comments: