Saturday, August 4, 2012

Aug | 04 | Dribbling & Your Dentine Destiny

Key Word:- PERSEVERE

Title:- Dribbling & Your Dentine Destiny

1 Corinthians 12:21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.

Well it’s happened much earlier than expected, but I have started dribbling. Not all the time, but of course inevitably, at the most public and therefore most embarrassing times. All of a sudden I’m just aware of a dribble on my chin? It's 'Mucho Grosso' really!

Thankfully I’ve figured out the problem and with some awareness training I think I can limit the embarrassment. You see I am the proud owner of 'fixed bridge' across the front of my mouth. It’s magnificent! I can bite through ice-cream with no pain, chomp into apples and chow down on baby back ribs like a glutton on speed! The sensation of pressure is still there but it’s obvious that the ‘sensitivity and awareness’ feelings that my natural teeth gave me are gone. Hence sometimes it’s ‘dribble city’ for me because I just don’t feel it 'leaking out' as it were! Who’d have thought that a couple of home grown enamel covered nerve endings were such an important anti-dribbling device?

You know where I am going with this don’t you? But it’s the truth and because it’s something we so easily forget, it is worthy of  remembrance. Let me put it like my teeth, bluntly, by saying that if you are a vocal and open mouth in the church, you must not despise the quieter members that never the less bring sensitivity and awareness to your proclamations, for their kind prayers and gentle hints, will stop you looking like a dribbling fool! Consequently, may I say that if you know you are but a ‘small tooth’ in a big mouth, be sure that God has put you just right where you are to fulfil your dentine destiny! You might be next to a large Molar, who grinds away daily, but believe me, he needs you.

So finally today , I want to say a word to those who feel so inconsequential in the shadow of all that the mouth might be proclaiming and indeed, so much so that maybe they just want to 'up and leave’. Please don't go, for you are such a necessery part of the body. Keep backing up by speaking up for after all, we all know that a dribbling fool is not really taken seriously! Keep being sensitive! Keep stopping the dribble and Oh by the way, thank you.

Listen:- And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 1 Corinthians 12:21

Pray:- Today Lord, where I am, show me my value and my necessity to the body of Your church, amen.

No comments: