Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sep | 04 | Of Pictures in a Pomegranate

Dream Word – RESCUE

Exodus 39:24-26 They made on the hem of the robe pomegranates of blue, purple, and scarlet, and of fine woven linen. And they made bells of pure gold, and put the bells between the pomegranates on the hem of the robe all around between the pomegranates: a bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate, all around the hem of the robe to minister in, as the Lord had commanded Moses. NKJV

Of Pictures in a Pomegranate

I could lose weight by eating Pomegranates. The one I ate today took me a full twenty minutes to get through and in the end, my paper plate looked like some flattened road kill I had just pulled from under the wheel of my car, and my red stained and sticky fingers branded me a murderer whilst, my bloody lips and chin proclaimed me to be a cannibal of unquenchable proportions! There were bits of blood and flesh all over me and all over the table! The opened Pomegranate looked good though and my oh my, it tasted even better!

The Pomegranate is the fruit of a particular seed-bearing shrub which grows anywhere from five to eight meters tall. The apple size fruit it produces, contains an abundance of edible pearl white seeds, surrounded by a pellucid blood red juicy pulp. The religious symbolism of this fruit has for centuries been rooted in art, history, medicine, mythology, music and of course the Bible! Tonight, I want to get just a few of its seeds rooted in us!

The Jews say the 613 laws of the Torah are represented by 613 seeds in the pomegranate. Now depending on your variety and size, it could be plus or minus 200, but I like the sound of the symbolism! The twelve seed sacks within the Pomegranate, say the Jews, represent the twelve tribes of Israel, the abundance of seeds represent the overwhelming fruitfulness of the promised land, its crown represents the Royal line of King David and so we could go on...... My point is that this, Pomegranate fruit is so exotic and wonderful, so life-giving and delicious, so propitious and effective, that it has rightly been utilized as the picture of passion, resurrection, hope, and life-giving fruitfulness.

Some say that it was this ‘seeded apple,’ that was in fact the fruit of the tree of life. Some say that it is wine made from the Pomegranate mixed with spices, that was used at the Last Supper and shall be used again at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Some say that it is the saints that prepare the wine for the Bridegroom and that we shall set the table of the Lamb with this gift of marriage wine. I wonder……

Tomorrow, get yourself a bib and some wet wipes and then go and buy yourself a Pomegranate. It will be expensive, but it will be worth it. You should have learnt by now that in life, nothing good is cheap. Then turn the T.V. off and sit down and take some time to undress this most alluring of fruit. Look at it, taste it, then drink it in with faithfulness and some far-sighted vision. See within this one and only, Royal and rich coloured robe of purpled-crowned and Kingly fruit, all the pearl-bought children of God, set neatly in their place. See them washed pure in His own blood-bought red. See the torn flesh, ripped open and removed from the bent-barked, thorny trees. Yes, 'taste and see that the Lord is good. '

Tomorrow, may you have Pomegranate for your evening meal and may it become to you the antipasto of heaven, a sweet foretaste of what is to come and is even now, both fast and fragrant on the midnight breeze.

Listen:- Oh, that you were like my brother, Who nursed at my mother's breasts! If I should find you outside, I would kiss you; I would not be despised. I would lead you and bring you Into the house of my mother, She who used to instruct me. I would cause you to drink of spiced wine, Of the juice of my pomegranate. Song of Solomon 8:1-2 NKJV

Pray:- Lord, Your priests of old were robed in golden bells and Pomegranates of purple, blue and scarlet. Lord may the sound of my walking before Your Holy throne, be a life proclaiming jingle of joy! Lord may my pillars of firmness and strength before Your Holy face, be crowned with all the colours and shades of purity and fruitfulness and the sweet smell of prepared and expectant love, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: