Friday, November 16, 2012

Nov | 16 | Praying Until You Taste The Blood

Dream Word – PERSEVERE

John 7:38-39 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. NKJV

Praying Until You Taste The Blood

Ah, what can ail thee, wretched wight,
Alone and palely loitering?
The sedge is withered from the lake,
And no birds sing.


As I write this 'Night Whisper', I find myself living just a five minute walk away from the former ‘playground’ of Georgian gentry and Royalty. This Colonnade Walkway I speak of is called The Pantiles and was originally paved with S-shaped roofing tiles of the same name. The place is now so famous that the area of The Pantiles is being proposed to become a world heritage site! The main reason for the existence of this area, indeed the whole town around it, is the discovery made by a drunken nobleman called Dudley Lord North, who, upon returning home after getting smashed out of his skull with his friends, then being dry mouthed and drooping from his horse, happened to spot a reddish water, seeping out of the ground. He drank it, felt revived, informed his friends of the red water’s properties of rejuvenation and, “hey voila!” An iron rich watery star was born. Just the other week, I went down to that same spring and drank from it out of a glass stained red by the high iron content of the water. It tasted like blood. Did you know that same living water springing from the belly of the Christian, the centre of our being, also tastes of blood for it is also full of iron. I mean the waters of His life, of eternal life are just jam packed full of iron. The precious blood of Jesus you see, is fortified with ferrous from the nails upon the tree!

From this great fact, I need to remind you tonight, that Christ never yet bred anaemic Christians. There are no chocolate soldiers in His ranks and no one that will not be fortified by the springs from heaven bubbling up within them. You see, the springs of heaven are Chalybeate springs, tasting of His blood, putting iron in your backbone and strength in your veins. So, if you cannot taste His blood in your mouth tonight, if you are stooped and not upright, if you are frail and palely loitering fair knight of the King, then I tell you, I’d suspect that so called spring in you, for it just might not be His! Yes, if you are that pale and wretched knight, that poor human being, that pitiful Christian, then you need to pray tonight! Yes, you need to clear the well and then pray and pray again, yes, you must keep on praying until you taste the blood.


Listen: - And in that day you will say: "O Lord, I will praise You; Though You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me. Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; 'For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.'" Therefore with joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:1-3 NKJV.)

Pray:- Let the living waters testify of Your presence within me! So, spring up O iron waters and fill my mouth with the taste of blood, the taste of nails pulled from the wood. Amen.

No comments: