Friday, November 23, 2012

Nov | 23 | Avoiding The Disappointment at the End Of Gushing Tap

Dream Word – PREPARE

Luke 9:62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." NKJV.

Avoiding The Disappointment at the End Of a Gushing Tap

At the end of a long day, usually when my old bones are stiff, my joints are a creaking and my muscles are contracted with stress, sometimes, instead of a shower, I long for the long therapeutic relaxation that only a hot bath can provide. It never ceases to disappoint me then, even to the point of utter disgust, when while sitting naked and slightly cold, longingly and expectantly waiting in the running water for the final filling up of the shroud of my warm death, that just before you get to the point where you can slip beneath the bubbles and even cover your hairy and white, blubbery, old belly, the hot water sometimes just runs out! I stand abruptly. Naked, angry, cursing the waves, while whipping out the plug and letting go the lukewarm water down the wasteful drain. What a waste of time and effort. Now I am more tense, more spent and more in need of relaxation than when I first disrobed.

I do not think our Jesus likes to find disappointment at the end of a running tap either. You will forgive my mix of metaphors, for I wonder if there is something which He finds ‘appily anticipatory and even ecstatically expectant at the end of our long ploughed furrows. So much so, that should we fail to reach the end, that when the hot water of our hot beginnings runs out before His watching eyes, it leaves him very disappointed. I think He might wish then, that He never even bothered to get ready to relax in enjoyment with us, never even bothered to prepare to bathe with us in all the hot Jacuzzi-like completions of our many started endeavours.

So I say to you tonight, keep your water piping hot and make sure, the tank is full and bubbling. It it's lukewarm don't even bother turning on the tap.

Listen: - Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him." (Hebrews 10:38 NKJV)

Pray:- Lord, give me fuel and ignition and an ever burning fire in the centre of my soul, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: