Monday, November 12, 2012

Nov | 12 | Finding the Fragments

Key Word:- HOPE

Title:- Finding the Fragments

Micah 7:8 Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The LORD will be a light to me.

Only God can put together a broken person.

My dog ‘Patch’ knew when I was coming home from school. His internal clock ticked away, accurate to a second and led to expectant barking each weekday at 3:30pm. My dad, then ill and laid off work, let him out that day to come and greet me. Now my Patch was a clever dog but had never been to traffic school. I found him dead at the side of my road home. It broke my heart.

My dad should have known better, as this wasn't my dog's first clash with traffic. The last time had led to his back leg being torn wide open. Then, Patch returned home bent and bloody and somehow, limped up the stairs and into the house, dragging his brokenness behind him. Then crawling under the bed, he protected himself as best he could, settled and staring, looking out and licking his gaping wound. Any approach, even from me, led to bared teeth, snarling snapping and grievous growling. It was some time before we could approach the hurt him, recover him and rescue him; remove him to a better place of help. Wounded animals, are very dangerous you know. Very hurt indeed.

I wonder dear friend, if today you are reading this from somewhere underneath a bed. Your wound, open red and gaping, seeping with hurt before your weeping eyes. I’m so sorry for your pain. So very sorry. “Hush little baby, don’t you cry.” For when everyone is against you, God is for You. When everyone derides you, God shall comfort you. When everyone deserts you, God shall stick with you. When you are leprous and untouchable, God shall reach out and embrace you. When all that you held dear lays shattered at your feet, God shall help you put it together again. When you, yes your very being, when all that you thought you were, is blasted, unpicked, broken and fragmented beyond description, before your little feet, God shall put you together again. There is a hidden path that you have yet to find, and Jesus shall place your shaking feet upon it. Be sure of that dear one.
He shall pick you up, put you together again, dust you off, renew, refresh, re-commission you, strengthen you with angels food for the journey, (far more substantial than any Elven loaf could ever be) and filled with hope and fresh futures, He shall direct you to lands yet travelled; where deserts are turned into gardens and darkness is banished by the light of His felt and manifest love; where you're present cramped places are pushed into wide open prairies, and you shall yet live again dear friend. You shall yet live again.

Lori Chaffer of ‘Waterdeep’ leads us, the fallen, to the elixir of heaven’s love, fizzing with hope, in the lyrics of her song entitled, ‘HUSH’

When you thought you could rest
But you found out you were wrong
And there’s another need another battle
Another one more thing that comes along
And on the inside you hear the fall
But you hate the falling sound
And on the inside you can’t
Pick another broken piece up off of the ground
Well I know

Hush little baby don’t say a word
Daddy’s gone and bought you a great big heaven to rest in
He’s bought it with blood and put the seal in you hearts
It’ll give you the hope you need to get up and start again; again and again,


Today dear friend, let go of the dead and cling to what’s alive.

Listen:- “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.” John 14:1-4

Pray: - I will say to God my Rock, “Why have You forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”
As with a breaking of my bones, My enemies reproach me, While they say to me all day long, “Where is your God?” Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.  Psalm 42:9-11


 

No comments: