Monday, October 8, 2012

Oct | 08 | Disco Balls

Dream Word – HOPE

1 Corinthians 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory. NKJV

Disco Balls

I am sure I first saw one of these man-made ballroom satellites hanging in the public halls of my hometown of Staveley. There, the Speedwell rooms could be hired out for a number of functions, including weddings and I was there for one such function, though I cannot remember which, but sure enough, I do remember my first glimpse of this shimmering silver satellite, hanging dead center above the middle of the dance floor. I can tell you, I was disappointed at first. You see it did little, but rotate slowly and reflect in some small way the local singer’s surrounding spotlights of reds and greens. It held the center place of all things, it glanced at everyone and everything in its circular rotation, but functioned, in my opinion, in a most pitiful way, casting but scant reflections of light, which then seemed to dissipate in power and effect just yards from its journey before disappearing into the long hair of short girls and then sliding to the ground to be quite easily trod into the dark ground by recently shined, black leather-soled shoes. Pathetic! Yup, in the Speedwell rooms of Staveley, the seemingly thousands of small mirrors, so intricately placed on the spinning sphere of silver, all cut differently, all angled in a particular way, all jig-sawed together by some seeming amateur artist, were a complete and utter waste of time! I was disappointed. I think all my young friends were disappointed as well, as this man-made, man-centred, silver spinning satellite, hung embarrassed in the blue ballroom sky.

Then it happened. Behind us, unseen in the upper right hand corner of this small world of joy, hung the strongest light of all, a powerfully pointed spotlight, which fired it’s focused beam right into the center of the silver spinning sphere which in turn, exploded with reflected light, I mean BOOM! Filling the enclosed dance hall world with thousands of whirling stars, all running over tables, running over people, caressing cheeks and sparkling like dying suns in glee filled eyes, making even grey dentures seem lighter, whiter, brighter, than they ever could be before, landing like shimmering wands of magic on the shoulders of wishful men, turning coal miners into knights in shining armor, and strong armed factory workers into fairy tale princesses. Everything was different now for everything was touched with light majestical. It was glorious! It was wondrous and it didn’t stop there either, for the spotlight filtered its strong beam through all the colours of the rainbow and filled our world with red foil wrappers, custard yellows, tangerine oranges, royal blues, autumnal browns, and the all the purples of dancing kings! Yes, I do remember, that as long as the spotlight hit the center of the disco ball, full of jig-sawed wonder, every point of this small world of ours was bathed in dancing magic.

All your jumbled, jig-sawed life tonight, all your cracked and broken mirrors, all your seventy times seven years of bad-breath luck, shattered on your moldy, candy-cursed life, cracked and glued together with unsure fingers, will mean absolutely nothing to you, nor to anyone else for that matter, if the spotlight of the Son does not hit your spinning center. Ah, but when it does, Oh God but when it does, all the world you walk through will be lit with glittering wonder. Do you see the problem friend? Do you see the possibilities?

Listen: -All nations whom You have made Shall come and worship before You, O Lord, And shall glorify Your name. For You are great, and do wondrous things; You alone are God. Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore. For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol. Psalms 86:9-13 NKJV

Pray:- Hit me with Your glory O Lord and may all my fractured mirrors, dazzle onlookers with Your most merciful display, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

No comments: