Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mar | 07 | Oh, For Such Slippy Feet!

Dream WordCARE

Deuteronomy 33:24-25 And of Asher he said: "Asher is most blessed of sons; Let him be favored by his brothers, And let him dip his foot in oil. Your sandals shall be iron and bronze; As your days, so shall your strength be. NKJV

Oh, For Such Slippy Feet!

What amazing things to say! What prophetic affirmation and additional and palpable power, does Moses now give to all the long laid blessings once received from beneath the departing hands of Jacob of old, which long time past now, were once laid in wonder upon his waiting sons!

Asher, the eighth son of Jacob, here becomes the symbol of the summation of all the blessings of Israel. Here, ‘Happy’ Asher, for that is what his name means, the most favoured in blessing of his brethren, is blessed both above and below the ground of promise. Blessed above with so much oil, that his descendents would wade through its slippy effulgence, anointing their feet in the flowing fatness from all the dripping trees laid up in olive groves and planted without number! Blessed below with so much mineral wealth, that both the possession and export of the same would provide them with every material blessing that their full fat hearts could ever desire! I tell you, what a blessing this was from Father Jacob. I tell you, what a blessing this was from Father Moses! Oh to receive such a personal and powerful, prophetic blessing from a blessed and powerful, God honoured departing father.

The last time I remember holding my father, he was lying on the couch. Made dumb and immobile by a stroke, all he could do was stare at me pitifully through his blank and glassy eyes. All the upside down lies which he had told in his life and laid up in his high bombastic belfry, though quiet for so long, had finally been chased from their long sleep by the sound of the hunched back blood clot ringing bells and now, they swarmed the air in derision around his old sick head. It was me, just in my early twenties at the time, who held my old father to myself, blessing him in his brokenness and telling him that I loved him, no matter what. It was all the wrong way around! The elder, should be blessing the younger, but like a parent attending their children’s funeral, I held him one last time and blessed him. These things, should not be so.

It is my personal goal, to so spiritually prosper, that it will demand such an expectant and respectful honour from my children, that at the time of all my departures, they will run to seek a blessing from me, because they know that not only do I have it to give them but the receiving of such a blessing, will be of inestimable value to the one who might possess it because God has been so evidently with me.

May I encourage you tonight in two things.

Firstly, that if you have missed the blessing of an earthly Father, that you would privately seek a out a particular blessing from your heavenly Father.


Secondly, that once being in receipt of such mighty blessings, you would thoroughly commit yourself to grow spiritually and in such a way, that when the time of all your departures are at hand, you too might have the authority and the respect, to place a prophetic blessing upon the bowed and waiting heads of all your children. Especially upon those whom you have helped both to birth and grow into the Kingdom of Christ our Lord and particularly on those of your most well loved blood line.

Remember, death may be your final departure, but is it is only one in a thousand of others which you shall make upon your long journey home. Yes, make sure, that in all your departures, you have both a blessing to leave and a blessing that is wanted!

Listen: - When Esau heard the words of his father, he cried with an exceedingly great and bitter cry, and said to his father, "Bless me — me also, O my father!".....................And Esau said to his father, "Have you only one blessing, my father? Bless me — me also, O my father!" And Esau lifted up his voice and wept. Then Isaac his father answered and said to him: "Behold,................ Genesis 27:35 & 38-39 NKJV

Pray:- Bless me O my Father. Bless me with the tri-fold fatness of the land beneath my feet, the ground on which I walk and all the heavens above. Bless me especially, with a great and particular, personal and prophetic chariot, upon which I might ride the heights of all the land which you have apportioned to me. In Jesus name I pray, amen.



No comments: