Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mar | 04 | Of Mice or Men!

Key Word:- REAL

Title:- Of Mice or Men!

Matthew 10:24-26 “A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household! Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.”

 
“I am: obnoxious, overbearing, heavy-handed, fat, bald, ugly, sometimes rude. I like the sound of my own voice. I am so pro-war I've run people off the blog. I'm paranoid. I think I am right all the time. I over-react. I whine. I feel sorry for myself. I sometimes get angry. I sound too intense sometimes. I have a persecution complex. I make insincere apologies. I am a rank hypocrite. I live to frustrate and provoke my enemies. I am an ___________ (insert profanity.) I think everyone should believe like me. I have an ilk. I am too sensitive. I can't take real discussion. I'm too emotional. These are things I already know, just in case you were wondering.”
So goes ‘Rule 36’ of Posting Guidelines for the Boar's Head Tavern, a Web Log and more, hosted and posted by Michael Spencer, ‘The Internet Monk.’

Obviously, over the years with a lot of time spent jousting with a multitude of debate participators, ‘the Monk’ has had everyone of these accusations thrown at him. I expect that ‘Rule 36’ is a little tongue in cheek, but I suspect Mr Spencer would admit that there has been at times, some truth maybe, to some, or all of these self observations.

I must admit that I do like his ‘rule number 36’ for in a way, we should all envy the freedom and the stability that comes from being so rooted in the grace of God and so seemingly at peace with who we are right now, such that when an accusing observation, or a nasty accusation hooks us on the jaw, we simply ride the pitiful punch and wryly reply with a masterful three punch combination saying: “Yeah I know, sorry. Working on that one.” Or maybe a couple of four punch combination such as: “Really? Do you think so? Well I wouldn’t be surprised! Thanks for telling me.” Or even possibly, “No friend, not my bag, maybe it’s just your baggage. Now God bless you and get lost!”

I am coming to the conclusion that only those people who are truly imbibing on the grace of God, have the comfort and seemingly care free ability, to own their own sin. Pharisaic self-righteousness, especially within religious institutions turns real men into marching mice, who are always looking over their shoulders for the hungry cat that might eat their little piece of cheese before biting their mousey little heads off. Is that any way for a man to live? Is that any way for anyone to live? Is that any way for the redeemed to live?

Listen:- For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20

Pray: Dear Lord, again I come to You. In Your marvellous grace let me own that which is mine so that in turn, both with confession and repentance, I may be free of it! Oh and Lord, on this carousel of life, grant me wisdom and courage dearest Jesus, not to pick up another man's baggage or be oppressed, depressed and repressed especially by the gross intoleration and incarceration of the righteously religious and yet unbelievably unbiblical 'thought police'. Amen.


No comments: