Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May | 01 | Google’s Gatekeeper

Key Word:- CONSIDER

Title:- Google’s Gatekeeper

2 Corinthians 13:7 Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honourable...

The mathematical constant ‘e’ was in fact the 2005 corresponding value of the planned share offering of $2,718,281,828 for the popular internet search engine ‘Google’. For sure, 'Google' is a quirky company with some quirky founders! Indeed, Larry Page and Sergey Brin said that 'Google' was not a conventional company at all, but rather was a company that “does good things for the world even if we forgo some short term gains.” This statement is found in a letter explaining 'Google’s' company policies under the title of, “DO NO EVIL.” I like that.

Emotional, business, racial, political, material or territorial war, mostly brings out the worst in human beings. From ‘Muslim’s murdering contractors and defiling their dead bodies, to ‘Christians’ from Western armed forces, torturing and abusing its prisoners, it is evident that once again, what is within us human beings, manifests itself in terrible ways once the moral gatekeepers of our societies are removed.

The apostle Paul, himself a lover and proclaimer of God's unmerited favour and forgiveness, so lavishly and lovingly poured upon us open-gated sinners, through the merits of the substitutionary death of Jesus, to make us now forgiven and fully at one with the Father, well, even he still confessed, that he was a walking battleground! “For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice…….. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Romans 7:19-25) Paul says that Jesus is the ultimate and only answer to this overwhelming internal war. However friends, until Jesus enters into the hearts of men, the Father has provided society with certain ‘gatekeepers,’ to keep sin somewhat restrained. We need to thank God that we have seen a gatekeeper in 'Google' and pray that God will set many more watchmen on the walls, of the many and much plundered and starving societies in which we live.

'Google' has set a watchman upon its wall called ‘DO NO EVIL,' tell me, how might you become a similar gatekeeper in your society today?

Listen: - He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Pray: -Lord, help us set up the watchmen of our society once more and let them shout! Lord, lock the gates, until monstrous sin is stilled and killed, and poor heart defeated, is replaced by ‘Great Heart Victorious,' The Lord Jesus Christ Himself! Amen.

 

No comments: