Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dec | 07 | 'Young, Reformed and Restless?'

OBEY

'Young, Reformed and Restless?'

Psalms 71:17-21
O God, You have taught me from my youth; And to this day I declare Your wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come. Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high, You who have done great things; O God, who is like You? You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, Shall revive me again, And bring me up again from the depths of the earth. You shall increase my greatness, And comfort me on every side.


I am writing today’s Bible insight from a position of someone who is ‘Old, Misinformed and Tired’ and I also suspect, that I am part of an increasingly large camp of believers who is still waiting for that rising ‘new generation’ of superstars to come and ‘shake the earth once more.’ Listen; it just ‘aint happening.

I am way past believing that God, like some lecherous old geezer, is always looking for younger models to have His way with. Does that offend you? Well, let me tell you that I am offended at being treated as a cast off from the great works and purposes of God just because some older guy with a goatee who hides his supposed wisdom with hair dye, says otherwise. Listen: if I am alive; God has use for me. Listen: if I am willing to pay the price; God has use for me. Listen: if I am rooted in His Word; God has use for me. Listen: if I don’t have my own shining and enameled teeth; God still has use for me. Listen: if I don’t look like a stud; God still has use for me. Listen: I don’t need a new tattoo; I don’t need to grow some freaky facial hair; I don’t need a new vocabulary, a new book or an app of my own to be used by God; I don’t need some new leather wrist strap, or a string of plastic neck beads; I don’t need to smoke the odd cigar or surreptitiously sup on artesian ale while lying on my mission finance application form; I need to know the Lord and so much so that my face shines with heaven’s glory and my words pack some dynamite!


You have probably spotted that I am tired of hearing about the reformed the young and the restless, and all the glories that the new generation will usher in. Lord! ‘Conform’ us to Your Word. Lord! Let the youngsters get in line for we the older are pressing ahead to the finish line. Old war horses maybe, but we know that our time is running out and so we are galloping harder still. Restless Lord, restless! Lord, today I pray that you will put a bomb in the boomer generation! Listen, I tell you, if you are older, you have probably been very mis-informed. God is not over with you! I am tired of hearing this. Get up….even if it does take a little longer….get up and get involved in the work of the Lord. God gave older people hemorrhoids for a reason you know, so they wouldn’t just settle down and sit on it! Look you, it’s time to get re-tyred! It’s time to get up and get on with it.


Listen:- My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness And Your salvation all the day, For I do not know their limits. I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only. Psalms 71:15-16 NKJV

Pray: - O God, do not be far from me; O my God, make haste to help me! Let them be confounded and consumed Who are adversaries of my life; Let them be covered with reproach and dishonor Who seek my hurt. But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more. (Psalms 71:12-14 NKJV)

If this Everyday Bible Insight has helped you - then do please share it! 
Also, why not sned us an email and let us know how this has blessed you. vr@the66booksministry.com




Did you know that we are preaching from each of the 66 Books of the Holy Bible in the 66 Most Influential Cities of the 250 Nations of the World? That's 16,500 cities which will hear a solid prophetic message from each book of the Bible over the next 25 years! Do you want to be part of this? Then please go to www.66Cities.TV to find out how.







  

No comments: