Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Dec | 24 | Habakkuk’s Haboob and how to keep the evening wolves at bay

CARE

Habakkuk’s Haboob and how to keep the evening wolves at bay

Habakkuk 1:8-10
Their horses also are swifter than leopards, And more fierce than evening wolves. Their chargers charge ahead; Their cavalry comes from afar; They fly as the eagle that hastens to eat. "They all come for violence; Their faces are set like the east wind. They gather captives like sand. They scoff at kings, And princes are scorned by them. They deride every stronghold, For they heap up earthen mounds and seize it. NKJV

Habakkuk hoped for sounds of revival across the tops of all his mulberry trees of hope, instead, all he hears is the unsheathing of sharp metal. Now, God gives Habakkuk not an unpacked explanation of His doings but a continued revelation of His sovereignty among the nations beginning with a sting paper cutting description of this scything sword of judgment: The Chaldeans, that coming soon, all consuming, totally infiltrating, devastating desert storm. It is as if God now raises a black Haboob in the mind of His prophet and within its falling wall of all enveloping sand, forms animalistic pictures of all consuming horror for him to take a most thorough note of.

http://www.66pictures.com
The first of these is the Leopard, those Lion-Panthers, head heavy with comparatively massive skulls compared to their body size, those Pit bulls of the cat kingdom, those nocturnal stealth machines, which can crunch their way through any beast, eating anything and consuming everything they catch, and with a top speed of up to 57kmph, these light footed leopards, look as though they fly with open jaws upon their unsuspecting prey, suddenly appearing as if out of nowhere. Be sure dear friends, that the devil can also appear in your day ‘as if out of nowhere’. Do not be surprised at his surprise appearing therefore, but rather, be ready!

The snorting transport of the Chaldeans are just as swift as these seeming dimension jumping killing machines, and so, being built for battle, these hungry hunter mounts, are now described as appearing even more ravenous and voracious, more angry and desperately daring, than those hungry evening wolves which are all infuriated by a day of passing hunger. Make no mistake about it, the evening wolves in their fantastic fury will so devour you, that in the morning, not even a bone shall be left.(Zephaniah 3:3) One of the reasons Night Whispers exists, is to warn you dear reader about the terror of these evening wolves. At evening, the devil is prepared more than ever to come and take you and rip you apart. Therefore allow me today to warn you of the same.

http://www.66pictures.comThe coming of night for the fighting Christian is a time of comparative weakness. The spent day has consumed all our resistive resources. The devil has been defeated, victory has adorned our way, our shield has been held high, our sword has been quick to slay, but now the day departs and darkness draweth nigh, and it is time for the renewal of food and rest, yes, it is time to retreat to our own city, to the fold of the Great Shepherd and the sleep of the just. This way, this time, this quiet walk back the true home of our hearts, is punctuated by the howl of the evening wolves. Regret; Self deceiving; Self deserving; Self loathing;  Loneliness; Unwarranted dread; Worry; Care; Doubt; Disappointment; Betrayal; Anger; False teaching; Oppression; Possession, Legion and Lying words; are all just a few names of the salivating monsters howling among this large devil’s evening wolf pack, and be sure of this, that at the end of your victorious day, they are following you into the sheep fold, ever ready to consume you. Be prepared to protect yourself.

http://www.66pictures.comIn the evening, we still protect oursleves, by letting the memory of the sacrifice of Christ be upon us in the evening hours. So then, let His bread be in our mouth and His sweet wine upon our lips. Let the word of Christ dwell in us richly, and let the song of His praise be on our lips, the cup of thankfulness in our left hand and the sword of the Spirit in our right. God is good. Let us declare it: “God is good!” And during our sleeping hours He is awake and works on our behalf to bring  goodness to our feet in the dawn of the morning. So shall we, despite the outer howling, lay ourselves down to peace sleep and dwell in His most particular safety.

When the night time Haboob covers the good works of our day, let us watch out for the evening wolves that inhabit the way to our nightly rest. For you Christian, there is no greater time of danger than the evening of the well fought day. Let this Psalm of David be on your lips tonight:

Listen:- O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me. NKJV

Pray: -  Oh my God, hear me when I whisper to you this evening. O God of my righteousness: you have made space for me today when I have been in distress. In defeat you have been gracious and in victory I have praised you. Now, as the evening shadows lengthen, have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. LORD you have set apart the godly for yourself and so You will hear when I call to You. I am still standing in awe. I am wholly in You, indeed, I am holy in You. My heart is still and I testify to myself and to heaven, that I trust in You. Be good to me this evening then, and in the darkness, let the night-light of Your gracious countenance be around me heart and mind. According to You will, the morning comes for me great God, and with it, the strengthening of Your breath, all clothed in Your goodness. So, tonight I shall rest as Your tomorrow shall be prepared for me, yet another victorious day to know You. Amen and let it be so.

If this Everyday Bible Insight has helped you - then do please share it! 
Also, why not go to your devices iTunes store (or other) and write us a great review - 5 Stars if course!




Did you know that we are preaching from each of the 66 Books of the Holy Bible in the 66 Most Influential Cities of the 250 Nations of the World? That's 16,500 cities which will hear a solid prophetic message from each book of the Bible over the next 25 years! Do you want to be part of this? Then please go to www.66Cities.TV to find out how.







  

No comments: