Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dec | 10 | Rigor and vigor

FIGHT

Rigor and vigor

Galatians 2:11
Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; NKJV

http://www.66pictures.comToward the end of 2005, Dr Wayne Grudem stated that the church is purified through controversy. Regarding these various controversies, both ancient and new, he said that “….over time the vast majority of God’s people come to the right decision. Then, like the Arians in the fourth century, or like the anti-inerrantist people in our lifetime, the people on the other side eventually are marginalized and continue but with very little impact on the church as a whole.” Thus, the learned Doctor seems to ‘embrace’ controversy as a necessary force for purifying the church and also seems to have great confidence that the true church will always, eventually, embrace what is true and right.

As we come to the ‘time of the end’ I fully expect there to be a great resurgence of controversy within the church and I too welcome it. Godly unity can never be maintained around anything but truth and purity and truth and purity are often like two sick, silver Salmon that need salvaging from the sordid and toxic waters so that they might live!

Personally, I class myself as ‘Biblical Charismatic,’ though to be honest, I have not thus far experienced or seen anyone utilizing the gifts of healing and miracles. In addition, I am a minuscule tongues speaker myself and to be sure, it sounds to me like gobbledygook, and what I have heard elsewhere upon other people’s lips does not impress me much either, and neither do the rare interpretations of the same. You would think then, that I would fit better in the Cessationist camp rather than the Coninuationist camp? However, my personal unpacking of Scripture does not allow me to honestly be a Cessationist. My choice to be a Continuationist you see is based on my exegesis of Scripture, not on my personal or observed experience of the full panoply of the gifts of the Holy Spirit

http://www.66pictures.comNow then, that being the case, as a Continuationist without the charismatic experiences, you would also think I then might fit better into the somewhat large ‘accepting but cautious’ group of Christians in the Continuation camp. However, I do not. I am by nature a little more adventurous than they, (some might say reckless) and so I place myself in the open and EXPECTANT camp. However, this does not mean I act with silly minded stupidity. Far too many people have, I say again, FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE, and in the so doing, such simple minded and un-policed stupidity has presently pushed the church into some very turbulent waters of present and continuing Charismatic controversy, and I am afraid, has also rightly justified the exceptionally strong and very correct criticism of other Christians. Good! It is necessary and has been a long time coming.  

All Christian controversy then, needs to embraced with confidence, and all Christian argument must be marked by rigor and vigor. Where necessary, let there be discipline and even excommunication and where appropriate, let there be separation. This has and will continue to both purify and protect the church of the living God, which is the pillar and ground of the truth. This side of heaven my friends, there will never be that outward expression of utter unity which we shall find when we are all together with the Lord. Never! So, until the King comes, controversy will be a purging and purifying necessity among the people of God. Embrace it.

Now then, whoever and wherever you are: Go and put your own house in order.

Listen:- If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord, come! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen. 1 Corinthians 16:22-24 NKJV

Pray: -  In the light of all Christian controversy, surly this a right prayer O God: “Anathema Maranatha!” Curse and cut off then Father, all the creeping heretics and the ticklers of silly women, and wither all the ‘goaty’ weeds from among your precious harvest. Come Lord Jesus come, amen and let it be so.

If this Everyday Bible Insight has helped you - then do please share it! 
Also, why not sned us an email and let us know how this has blessed you. vr@the66booksministry.com




Did you know that we are preaching from each of the 66 Books of the Holy Bible in the 66 Most Influential Cities of the 250 Nations of the World? That's 16,500 cities which will hear a solid prophetic message from each book of the Bible over the next 25 years! Do you want to be part of this? Then please go to www.66Cities.TV to find out how.







  

No comments: