Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feb | 14 | The Flags of Our Fathers!

Dream Word – INTEGRITY

Numbers 2:1-2 And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying: "Everyone of the children of Israel shall camp by his own standard, beside the emblems of his father's house; they shall camp some distance from the tabernacle of meeting. NKJV

The Flags of Our Fathers!

As far as I am aware, I am a first generation Christian. I have no living blood relative, no father especially, to model before me how to live the Christian life. I have no spiritual inheritance from my physical line, no spiritual family traits, no family calling and no family prophetic word. On the one hand this is very sad but on the other hand, it makes me the leader of the set destiny of my family line. It makes me the maker of ways, the pronouncer of blessings, and the prophet to all of mine who might choose to follow.

Emblems, crests, mottos, seals, standards, flags and nameplates, all are powerful uniting forces to rally soldiers around. The raising of the American flag atop Mount Surribachi on Iwo Jima is testimony to this fact and has united and represented the sacrifice of a nation ever since and in addition to this, across the world. And in another camp, who could ever forget the magnificence of the Motherland Statue, the Sword of Stalingrad, which overlooks the city of the same former name?

From nations to individuals, star spangled banners and personal crests, have been thoroughly influential in people’s lives, indeed, John Calvin himself, designed his own personal
emblem and seal with the motto, “Cor Meum Tibi Offero Domine Prompte Et Sincere,” surrounding the image of a heart and hand. Its meaning being, My Heart I Offer to You Lord, Promptly and Sincerely." This motto, desire and avowed purposes, was not only a focus of Calvin’s own life, but all of Calvin’s spiritual progeny thereafter shall we say, have loved and adopted the very same thought and intent and rallying cry, of this most personal and yet now most public emblem.

God the Father organised His redeemed Old Testament people as a marching army under Royal standards around His Shekinah glory. How about you father? Can your children point to emblems and mottoes, blessings and prophetic discourse regarding battle honours both previously won and yet to come? The flags of our fathers will always become the foundational roots of our lives and the lives of children to come. Remember that.


Listen: - So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. Isaiah 59:19 NKJV

Pray:- Rise up O Lord, O Lord my God, rise up within my heart. Set Your seal upon me and my family. Deliver to me, my families colours, our standard from the ramparts of heaven’s walls, that we might march securely under them into Your destiny for us. For Your glories name I ask it, amen!

No comments: