Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feb | 16 | Walking In Tension. Walking Intentionally!

Key Word:- TRUST


Title:- Walking In Tension. Walking Intentionally!

Daniel 4:35 He does according to His will in the army of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand or say to Him, “What have You done?”

Matthew 13:58 says, “Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.” 

Now here is a conundrum. God can do anything He wants and indeed, according to our text today found in Daniel, DOES whatever He wants! Yet the Bible again and again clearly indicates that we need to ‘believe’ so that God will accomplish His will and consequently that God is therefore ‘limited’ by our lack of belief, and further, that we are responsible for both our lack of belief and its consequences then, in His will! Like I said, “What a conundrum!”

Probably like you, while all is going well in both me and my comfort zone, I love the Sovereignty of God. It demands nothing of me, but rather allows my own spiritual muscle to indulge itself in lackadaisical laziness and to just often loll around and do nothing. Just go with the ‘good God flow’ as it were! However, if my life is full of unbelievable trials then frankly, I am not too happy with the Sovereignty of God. Indeed, I will pray and squirm and try everything I can to change things. I may even have faith in God that He will change things! Indeed, I may even begin to believe beyond the possible into the seemingly impossible, such that God is then ‘enabled’ to do exceeding abundantly above all I could ask or think. Yes, you see, my trials certainly do train my faith and exercise my belief, especially my belief for better things, better circumstances, better relationships, better providences, better deliverances, well for anything that will put a better bit of butter on my good prayer-spreading knife!

Now this brings us to just what we should believe God for? Well, it’s quite simple really, we should believe God for anything that does not break the boundaries of sin, or is evidently contrary to His Word and His revealed will. We should believe God for anything we can ask or think, after all, He is able to do exceedingly more than that anyways! So let me ask you, what do you want today? What do you want to do today? Ask! And then believe God for that.

Lastly, may I say that I think it takes great faith to say, “Never the less not my will, but Yours be done.” However, I think its laziness and lack of faith to go there straight away and I tell you, I don’t think God will let that happen! Ooops! There falls the boundaries of our comfort zones again. There goes another increase in our personal responsibility quota. There goes the rising responsibility of our reward before the judgment seat of Christ. For friends make no mistake about it; this walk of faith business is hard, especially as we have to keep keeping in triple tension the Sovereignty of God, and our walking intentionally towards faith goals and the deep desires which we have set before ourselves as individuals and others as leaders. Do you see this?

Listen: - Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.” Matthew 9:29

Pray: - Father again I keep praying, I believe but please help my unbelief, in Jesus name I ask this today, amen!


No comments: