Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feb | 09 | Running Beyond The Red

Key Word:- PERSEVERE

Title:- Running Beyond The Red

Kings 4:6  When all the jars were full, she said to her son, “Bring me another one.” But he replied, “There is not a jar left.” Then the oil stopped flowing. NIV
 
He swore it was true! “I tell you,” he said, “we were at Bible College and also involved in starting a new mission in the inner city. Of course we had no money, and just a rusty old car to drive around in. I’d repaired it so much, I knew it inside and out. One week the fuel needle reached its usual spot resting on red, and I knew that unless I filled up quickly, I would be pushing it home. Well, we had no money whatsoever but we still had trips to make and work to do etc, so I had this crazy thought that I would pray and ask God to either provide some money for gas/petrol or just keep the old rust heap going. I tell you the truth, I drove that car around on empty for days! It all stopped when I had a friend as a passenger. He noticed the fuel gauge, reached into his pocket and handed over some money for fuel. Immediately he handed over the money the engine stopped. I put it into neutral and as providence would have it, coasted off the road and up into a service station and stopped dead, alongside the fuel pumps. Mind you it hasn’t happened since. I don’t recommend it and I am not sure if I would have the faith to do it again. But it’s true, it really happened.”

It’s not easy running around on empty. It’s far better to function out of the ‘overflow’. This applies to everything from fuel to finances and even to spiritual blessings. Functioning from the overflow is far easier. However, friends, when you are on empty and believe you have to continue on, why not pray for an extension on what you’ve got! Maybe God will surprise you and keep filling up every single vessel you have until you have no more to be filled. Go on! Ask for a miracle.

Listen:- Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38 

Pray:- Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up Lord, come and quench this thirsty soul of mine. Lord, please give me a miracle today, keep me going in every way until provision is made for my tank to filled. Amen.









No comments: