Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Feb | 29 | Living for Three Days

Key Word:- BECOME


Title:-Living for Three Days

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content

The only time this word ‘content’ is found in the New Testament, is right here. Essentially and spiritually, it means to be ‘independent of external circumstances.’ This description strikes me as coming from an Eastern mindset, you know, accepting your Karma, being at peace with where the curious Cosmos has placed you? However, Paul doesn’t mean that! Paul was rooted in both the Hebrew Scriptures and in New Testament reality. He knew both his calling and the details of that calling. Listen: - “For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake.” (Acts 9:16), and again, “except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me.” (Acts 20:23).

Paul, like his Master, was a man of three days and content with the product of his pursuance. Listen again to Jesus responding to a death threat from Herod delivered from the lips of the not so friendly Pharisees: - “Go, tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.” Luke 13:32. No, Christian contentment is not to passively accept your so called Karma but to passionately pursue your purpose over three set days!

The first day to pursue is 'today'. Today is the day of salvation, the point where time touches eternity; it’s where we find sufficient grace and strength to meet all our needs. We must all learn to live and love in the 'now.'

The second day we are to pursue is tomorrow. I take ‘tomorrow’, not to be necessarily a day, but maybe also to be the length and purpose of our calling. We need to trust that the Grace we have experienced today shall also be available tomorrow for the whole length and purpose of our calling. Prayerfully plan, and prepare for what we expect to be doing tomorrow.

The third ‘day’ to passionately pursue is eternity. The day of our reward, the day we shall be free at last, bathing in total contentment, and utter fulfillment.

So friends, there you have it! Just live three days ahead. Live for today, prepare for tomorrow, and plan on being with Jesus forever and ever Amen!

Listen: - Nonetheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; ….. Luke 13:33 

Pray: - Lord, help me to passionately run my race this day, and so successfully finish Your course laid out for me. Amen and amen!


No comments: