Saturday, April 28, 2012

Apr | 28 | A Stir of Echoes

Dream WordREAL

Genesis 27:22 So Jacob went near to Isaac his father, and he felt him and said, "The voice is Jacob's voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau." NKJV

A Stir of Echoes

You will forgive me but not only do I enjoy country music, I enjoy science fiction writing as well! I think I enjoy sci-fi and especially watching it, because it gives my mind a few open doors to consider the world to come. When it comes to visual space science fiction then, surely ‘Star Trek’ is the daddy of them all?

It was in the film ‘Star Trek Nemesis,’ that the bald but Shakespearean Captain of the ‘Big E,’ The Star Ship Enterprise, Jean Luc Piccard, comes face to face with the character of ‘Shinzon,’ Piccard’s very own cloned but very bitter and evil self. Piccard, like all good Star ship Captains mind you, on meeting the younger evil mirror image of himself encourages Shinzon to aspire to be better than he is but true to form, like every other black, leather coated baddie, Shinzon refuses to aspire but rather assures Picard that it is he who will expire, indeed, in I think a most remarkable little phrase, Shinzon spits at poor old Jean Luc, is when he says that:-

“He’s about to see the echo triumph over the voice.”


The older men get, the less they delight in looking into mirrors. Indeed, most men rarely look themselves in their own eyes even when they are forced to gaze into the looking glass. They will look everywhere around their face, but find staring into the windows of their own soul, often a most disturbing, accusing, sad and condemning thing to do. Even so, God the good, in His great design made sure that the rapid growth of facial hair in forms of beards, and as we get older, nasal hair and the dreaded omni-brow and even rogue curly firework like eyelashes, will all need our daily attention. If I am correct, then it is God through the growth of weird facial hair that requires men to take an increasingly longer look at themselves most every single day, the more older that they get! I think this is important for us, lest our echo should have victory over our voice. Indeed, to counter the power of my own echoes, each morning, unlike Nivea man, I force myself to stare into my mirror, then way beyond it, through my pupils and deep into the windows of my own soul, first greeting what I see and then proclaiming these three things:

“Robert, do not be your echo, for your echo is merely an aspect, a poorer image of who you truly are. It is an holograph and even if it is strong or weak, it is at best, but a warped reflection of who you truly are. Today, do not let the echo have the victory over the voice.

Robert, do not make peace with your present voice, for even at its truest resonance, it too is but a mere echo of that which shall be proclaimed and be itself proclaiming, in all the ages yet to come.

Robert, today in the midst of false reflections, and the realities of those true, yet presently poorly formed reflections, do remember, that they are both seen and heard through the darker looking glass of being this side of the grave. Do not be misled by echoes, neither let them have any victory over the ‘voice becoming.’”



Now, some morning of course I don’t feel so poetic and often shorten this three-fold declaration to sets of three simple words, such as, “Let it go!” Or, “Stop Kidding yourself!” Or simply, “Grow up man!” You might think I’m a bit mad but I tell you to try it! Indeed, try anything, to stop those echoes getting victory over the voice.

Listen: - "Then you came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire to the midst of heaven, with darkness, cloud, and thick darkness. And the Lord spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no form; you only heard a voice. Deuteronomy 4:11-13 NKJV

Pray:- Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. (Psalms 130:2 NKJV)


                                                                                                           

No comments: