Sunday, April 15, 2012

Apr | 15 | Harping On

Key Word:- BELIEVE

Title:- Harping On

Luke 12:42,43 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.” And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise..”

Reverend John Harper, a Scotsman, was travelling to the United States with his daughter Nina and a Miss Leitch. He had ministered in churches in England and Scotland and was the newly called Pastor of Moody Church in Chicago. Today in 1912, was his last day on earth. The ship on which he was sailing went down in history as it sunk in the icy waters of the coast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. As the order to abandon ship was given, he kissed his daughter goodbye and gave her and Miss Leitch into lifeboat No.11 shouting for the “Women children and unsaved to be allowed into the lifeboats first,” he was seen giving his own life-jacket away.

Four years after the Titanic went down; a young Scotsman rose in a meeting in Hamilton, Canada, and said, “I am a survivor of the Titanic. When I was drifting alone on a spar that awful night, the tide brought Mr. Harper of Glasgow, also on a piece of wreck, near me. ‘Man,’ he said, ‘are you saved?’ ‘No,’ I said. ‘I am not.’ He replied, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.’ The waves bore him away; but strange to say brought him back a little later and he said, ‘Are you saved now?’, ‘No,’ I said, ‘I cannot honestly say that I am.’ He said again, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved,’ and shortly after he went down; and there, alone in the night and with two miles of water under me, I believed.
I am John Harper’s last convert.”

Listen: - for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” Romans 10:12-13

Pray: - Lord, with the icy waters of death biting at my heals, I cry out to You today, “Lord have mercy upon me, a sinner,” amen and amen.

 

No comments: