Monday, January 6, 2014

Jan | 06 | The Torch Trust

BE

The Torch Trust

John 12:44-50
Then Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me. I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him — the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak." NKJV

The role of the church right now is to represent the role of its leader in heaven. The role of the church right now is to fulfil the rule of the Commander of its forces, Jesus Christ the Lord. The right of the church at this point on time, is to proclaim the orders of its General to a world gone wrong, to people in darkness and in need of help, hope and eternal happiness. The role of Jesus is being the Light of the World, being its hope and its salvation out of darkness. The rule of the church's Commander is only to follow commands given by the Father and to only speak His words. The right of the church, bought by the shed blood of the great over-comer is to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ. Which is, that sin has been paid for, indeed, a way of redemption has been embodied, which takes us into the light of God out of any and every darkness, the end product being, the dictate of the Divine, even the gargantuan gift of God to us, the fabulous eternal life of the Father from the Father!

God’s end game is eternal life for YOU and all who would trust in His son. That being the case, the command of the Father through His son is that we should be life and life eternal, to our families, our friends, our communities, our nations and the world. Note well, that being the life and soul of the party is one thing, and bringing that kind of life is refreshing for sure, and is dynamic, of course, but it is dependent on the continued presence and effervescence of a very fallible individual. To be the eternal life and soul of any gathering is bring the life that shines bright, never flickers and will never die!

Soon, this Jesus judge will put His black cap on, and return to earth in a different role. But not yet. And so, for us who live in the time of the utter grace of God, while it is still day, we need to work, and our work is good work, it is the best of work, and it is to bring eternal life and light, to those who are deemed to be dead and in the dark.

Whilst acknowledging that those who choose to live in darkness will always throw stones at God’s torch bearers, and will, like a mad O.C.D. air raid warden, always bark diminishment to those who shine eternal life, it is still our role, our rule and our right to bring eternal life and not to ;put that light out!'

For this year and in the years to come, a new mark on our ministry must be this “In thought and word and deed, how much life and light do I truly bring, to everyone I touch?”

Listen:- And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak." John 12:50 NKJV

Pray: -  Lord, give me the gift of a fresh new tongue this year, that speaks life and light, hope and healing, deliverance and good destiny to all my hearers and then Lord if You will, be gracious to provide power to those words and confirmation of Your goodness, with signs and wonders following. Amen o

If this Everyday Bible Insight has helped you - then do please share it!











  

No comments: