Sunday, July 1, 2012

Jul | 01 | Making The Moon Stand Still

Dream Word – PROSPER

Zechariah 14:7 But at evening time it shall happen That it will be light. NKJV

Making The Moon Stand Still

Last night, yes I remember, last night my dreams were plagued with pictures of emptiness. Empty pockets, an empty head with no new ideas, an empty mouth with nothing to say, emptiness, emptiness, all was embarrassing emptiness, for you cannot bless others if you have nothing to give! My dream life last night was full of the sense of running out of resources of every kind.

The previous day had set the scene for my troubling night time, unconscious introspection. Finances were drying up, bills were howling to be paid and the yard sale money I had made that day, was quickly spent. I will not tell you what I bought with the yard sale money, but my wife had remarked that “We didn’t sell our stuff for you to frivol it away.” She was right, I had frivoled away my resources. Last night, yes I remember, last night in my dreams I came up empty, worried and embarrassed.

My male mid-life crisis, has been going on for twenty years now. It started when I reached the age of thirty. What I wouldn’t give to be thirty years of age right now! I look down the coming years and in another twenty years from this point of my journey, I shall be seventy and nearing the undertakers. Like many men my age now, I feel that I have accomplished little of my goals, little of my dreams and the felt destiny of my youth has ended in the so far, pale disappointment of the present. Last night, yes I remember, last night in my dreams I came up empty, worried and embarrassed. Yes it’s all very depressing. Maybe I have indeed, frivoled away my life resources.

However, tonight the moon in my sky is high and bright and I do remember that in a moment Jesus turned water into wine. I like that. That which was natural, plain and tasteless, became full and fruity, rich and robust, abundant in blessing, pleasing in taste, amazing in quality and all, in just a moment of time.
We have our days and they pass too quickly. Yet, God has His days and they last a thousand years! I believe that God can cram one of His days into one of ours! Yes, God can cram a thousand years of age into a single day. I believe that God can cram a thousand years of accomplishment into a day, a thousand years of blessing into a day, a thousand years of fruit into a single day! I believe that God can make us quantum leap into higher orbits of energy, activity, influence and light. More than this, I believe tonight in His moonlight, that He will do it for me. I believe tonight He will do it for you, if you ask Him.


I have often thought that God sheds old people like an oily old snake skin and of necessity, is always taken up with youth, always focusing on the next generation for His plans, always flirting with the younger models, yes, that God, like some lecherous old man, always has His eyes lusting on the possibilities bound up in the emerging generations. I have felt increasingly betrayed by God in this. I was wrong of course, for it is only this present world, this ever-changing culture, this machinery of convenience and consumption that looks so lecherously on the young and so disdainfully on the old. God is not disappointed with age, au contraire, He values it and calls us older folks to look at the promise land from far greater heights than any pimply youth could possibly do, than any big busted beauty would ever dare or want to do. Yes, God values age. He takes note of our callous feet, our scars, our wounds and our greater gasps for breath, especially if it is His breath we are gasping for. God gives hope to aged pilgrims, especially those who have not given up the fight.

Methinks as well, that God disdains the seeming disappointments of our older days and therefore, so should we! For God looks at the years the locust has eaten and says RESTORE! Yes, God looks at the coming evening of our lives and says to us before we sleep tonight, “But at evening time it shall happen, that it will be light.” NKJV Oh, please Lord, let it be so.

May your dreams this moonlit night, be full of hope, be full of expectancy, be full of fruit, be full of light, be full of possibilities, be full of strength, be full of might! May your dreams tonight be FULL of JESUS.

Listen:- Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” Now there were set there six water pots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. Jesus said to them, “Fill the water pots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. And He said to them, “Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast.” And they took it. When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!” This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him. John 2:2-11 NKJV

Pray: -Lord, I believe, Lord I have to believe, Lord I do believe that You have kept the good wine until now. As the coming day is long O Lord, so let my strength be. As the coming day is long O Lord, so let Your light shine. As the coming day is long O Lord, lengthen it still further until I see ALL my dreams stand upright before me. O Lord of the whispering night, this night I command the moon to stand still in my valley of Aijalon until I have revenge upon all the enemies of my purpose, and victory over all my robbing darkness. Tomorrow, I will awake with a sword in my right hand and a trowel in my left and on my lips shall be the shout of victory. Lord I believe, amen!

No comments: