Monday, July 2, 2012

Jul | 02 | The Many Legged Vampire

Dream Word – INTEGRITY



Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness. NKJV

The Many Legged Vampires

It was early in 2007 when country music star Brad Paisley brought out two very successful songs. The first was. “When I get where I’m going,” a powerful and evocative country music duet with Dolly Parton. The accompanying video produced with this song will move anyone who has lost a loved one to healing tears! In Brad’s second song, he moved from the sublime to the ridiculous by producing a Benny Hill style, multiple double entendre little song, the title of which was simply, ‘Ticks!’ Of which that never to be forgotten chorus says:

"Cause I’d like to see you out in the moonlight
I’d like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I’d like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I’d like to check you for ticks!"


What can you say to that!

When living in the hills of Kentucky we were fortunate to have a couple of Killer Cats as our feline protectors! They culled the rodent population and kept us safe in our beds at night both from gangs of marauding mice and malicious moles who invaded our kitchen for food. For this fine work we would allow them to join us on our bed where they purred the night away.

Unfortunately, those fine felines had the tendency to bring onto our beds and consequently into our sheets, some tiny travellers that often attached themselves to their fur. Both my wife and I have discovered these horrible little monsters with their heads buried into the most private parts of our anatomies literally sucking the life out of us. Brad Paisley’s lunatic of a lyric, I’d like to check you for ticks!” became for us, for a wee while anyway, an absolute necessity.

You see the problem with ticks and black legged ticks especially, is that they can be infected with the bacterium, ‘Borrelia Burgdorferi,’ which in turn, can then be passed on to humans, producing what we know as Lymes disease. This disease is particularly nasty, in that it attacks the joints, heart and nervous system. It’s a deceitful little disease because its symptoms initially manifest themselves as the comparatively harmless flu. Because of this, the serious nature of the bite and its consequences can be easily be ignored, leaving in your body a ticking time bomb which will slowly explode in the years to come. Ticks are nasty little buggers.

What blood sucking accusation, what life draining condemnation, what disease ridden lie, what ticking time bomb, have you gotten into bed with tonight? Nasty!

Why not take a few moments to have the Holy Spirit check you for ticks tonight. Then in quiet confession, in gentle encouragement, in prayerful and driven determination, get the tweezers of the Word of God and grab those little buggers around the middle, rock their little heads out of your skin and then crack them to death between your forgiven little finger nails.

Finally my brethren, no matter how useful your acquaintances, how warm their fellowship, how comforting their presence when they purr the night away, if they are bringing ticks into your bed, THEN THEY JUST HAVE TO GO. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Listen:- He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed. Prov 13:20 NKJV

Pray: -Lord tonight, check me for ticks. Lord, forgive me for allowing fools into my life and forgive me for being a willing companion to them and their blood-sucking parasites. Give me peace tonight O Lord my God, even though Your cleansing stings me. Lord tomorrow remind me when I awake, to choose to walk with the wise. Lord from now on, my inner chamber is mine and Thine and nothing and no one, shall be allowed between the cleanness of our sheets. I promise You this O Lord, I promise You this, amen.

No comments: