Saturday, July 21, 2012

Jul | 21 | Millions of Magoo's

Key Word:- CONSIDER

Title:- Millions of Magoo's

Proverbs 29:18
Where there is no vision, the people perish:

So she looks at me and says "I'm sorry the ticket is for a flight next week at this time, not today." Now this was the second time in two months this had happened to me. I booked over the internet, checked the documents thoroughly, only to find now that something vital to the journey was incorrect. THE DATE! I didn't trust the electronic booking system and these mistakes were becoming expensive. So, another $100 later I was found a seat on my flight and boarded the same, tired and grumpy.

My seat was 16A and as I approached it I could see it was occupied by some giant of a man. I sat in the vacant seat next to him leaned over and showed him my ticket. "I think you're in my seat." He looked at my ticket, and then looked at me with that "are you right in the head?" kind of look. I looked at my ticket 16A. Then looked up at his seat number. It read, 15A! Embarrassed, I apologised withdrew graciously and took my real and empty seat.

My flight back home gave me opportunity to reflect on what was happening in my life. Wrong flight bookings, wrong seat identification etc. Other incidents of reading words at a distance, only to find they read something completely different close up, indicated that I might have had some problems with my eyesight. A visit to the optician confirmed this and getting older, meant that I now had to wear my prescription glasses more often.

It took so long to identify the problem, because my brain took many of the blurred images and translated them for me as best as it could, as near as it could. In other words, I was not seeing what I thought I was seeing! I was just interpreting, and many times incorrectly, the blurred images I was now observing.

In our society, our eyesight is so far gone that we cannot but fail to misinterpret that which we see. Even as Christians we so often fail to clearly see what is going on. Friends, we need to put on the prescription glasses of God's Holy Word, and have our vision corrected by the Holy Spirit, for the older we get as Christians, the clearer we should really see. It would seem that this is not the case though and the failing eyesight in the natural, is all to often reflected in our increasing darkness in the spiritual. Surely this should not be the case friends should it? Of course not! However, the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches have cast their pollinated darkness into the very depths of our vision and millions of Christian 'Magoo's' with big ‘bi-foculed’ eyes and outstretched arms, follow each other into one deep pit, one after another. So, let me ask you today dear friend, “What do you see? I mean, are you wearing your prescribed spectacles of the Word of God?”

Listen:- I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. Revelation 3:17-18 NKJV

Pray:- Lord, open my ears and open my eyes, for I walk along the precipice of my life and am in need of the clearest of vision. Oh holy Spirit help me, in Jesus name, in that you make me a true seer, amen.

The Donkey Screamed
The Children Cried
The Women Wept &
The Blind Church Died
But No One Had The Brains
To Call Upon God







No comments: