Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jul | 11 | Happily Haunted

Key Word:- HOPE

Title:- Happily Haunted

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

You know especially that words, final words, last words, are words that haunt people. Every mother remembers the last words she said to her son as he went out to school, into the world, off to war and then never came back.

Many men still hold tight to words which they wished they had released into the lives of their loved ones, their departed mothers, their struggling sons, their sweet and beloved daughters. “Before they had gone, I wish I had told them just how I…..just how much I ….. that I forgive….. that it’s ok…… that….” You know that words, especially final words, last words, are words that haunt people.

And so today, I find myself happily haunted by the final words of my Saviour. They are prepared words, packaged like apples of gold in frames of silver, and as each day passes more towards my own end and even the end of all things as we know it, I find I take them out more frequently, and gaze into the depths of the hurried hope they carry.

These final words of Jesus are for me, indeed, they are for us. When the battle is getting hot, they are a trumpet sound of rapid re-enforcements. When loneliness overwhelms us, they become His loving arms, embracing us. When hunger opens our mouth and thirst parches our tongue, they are poured out waters from the well of Bethlehem delivered by the mightiest of living men. When the mundane meddles with my joy, they tickle my soul and force a smile; when demands of the day destroy my peace, they come and speak calm to the raging seas; when that which is but rust and rot appears to glitter like gold, they uncover the desert and show me the sand trickling away inside the trinkets of this fast and fading world. Yes, these words are for me, they are for us.

You know especially that words, final words, last words, are words that haunt people. Be happily haunted today friends by the final words of your Lord…..


Listen:- “Surely I am coming quickly.”

Pray:- Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20 






No comments: