Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jul | 08 | The Look of Life

Key Word:- MERCY

Title:- The Look of Life

Ezekiel 16:6 “And when I passed by you and saw you struggling in your own blood, I said to you in your blood, 'Live!' Yes, I said to you in your blood, 'Live!'

Imagine a new born child abandoned in an open field, left alone and naked, it’s umbilical cord still attached to the discarded placenta. The mother has gone and the vultures circle around the carrionin; the morning sun waiting for the pitiful cries of the thrashing and increasingly cold and pitiful specimen of a child to stop, and be still, before feasting on the newly opened eyes. This child has been left to die, to die despicably alone.

So God paints the picture of Israel’s true state before His Sovereign intervention and friends, in so doing, He paints a true picture of our state without His Sovereign intervention; all of us dead in trespasses and sins; all of us thrashing around like abandoned and screaming, bloody little children.
I do not want to take away from the clear Scriptural teaching of personal responsibility, but today I want to point to this wonderful Scriptural and comforting truth. When God says "LIVE!" friends, people live! It is as Spurgeon puts it 'An irresistible mandate.' Once He speaks, IT IS ACCOMPLISHED!

Jesus, I recall, was recorded in the Scriptures as being open mouthed in marveling on but two occasions. One was at the unbelief in His own area, His own relatives and in His own house and the other time, was at the belief of a Roman Centurion whose discovered faith literally ‘WOW’d’ Jesus into an amazing proclamation: “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!” (Matt 8:10). The faith Jesus referred to was encapsulated in the Centurion's reply to the walking feet of Jesus, then headed to his house, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.” Matthew 8:8

Do you see it friends? Here is the embracing of a truth that in practice, both firmly and fantastically, laid hold of the soul of the Sovereign Saviour and made Him squeak in delight! Lay hold of His soul again today dear friends, and in so doing, lay hold of His heart and change your world of worry to one of watching wonder.

“Lord, regarding my child…please say the word and...”
“Lord, regarding my spouse…please say the word and…”
“Lord, regarding my doctor’s words …please say the word and…”
“Lord, my bank manager, the letter, …please say the word and…”
“Lord, the enemy, he is saying that..…please say the word and…”
“Lord, this great and blocking mountain…please say the word and…”
Listen:-
“LIVE!”

Pray:-
Hungry, I come to You for I know You satisfy.
I am empty, but I know Your love does not run dry
And so I wait for You.
So I wait for You.
I'm falling on my knees.
Offering all of me.
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.

Broken, I run to You, for Your arms are open wide
I am weary, but I know your touch restores my life,
And so I wait for You.
So I wait for You.
I'm falling on my knees.
Offering all of me. Jesus,
You're all this heart is living for.

(Kathryn Scott - Hungry.)








No comments: