Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jan | 01 | The OVEN of Burning Love!

Dream Word – DESIRE

Psalms 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. NKJV

The OVEN of Burning Love!

There is presently in our world an all-pervading sexual promiscuousness. It’s on our T.V.'s, our mobile phones, the internet, indeed, it’s all over the place! The main maxim of marketing is this, “If you want to sell it, make it sexy, make it appealing, then, make it eye candy!” The result of this is a multitude of scantily clad gyrating women wiggling their way across our world. This kind of nakedness is plain wantonness, just distant and very unreal, wantonness. This kind of nakedness is sex, but it is not intimacy.

Seared consciences have made embarrassed and public nakedness a thing of the past, and today, you know, anything goes. Yet, intimacy is what we truly desire, but the sad thing is that we have come to equate all of this conscience seared sexual promiscuity with intimacy. Of course it isn’t. So, our continued and unsatisfied desire for intimacy leads us ever onwards to even more sexual promiscuity. Hot sex is not intimacy but hot love is!

If at the beginning of this year we want to get real intimate with God, then we need to share with Him the OVEN of our love.

First then, let me talk about OPENNESS. We need to be open with the Lord. We need to tell Him exactly how we feel about situations, about relationships, about ourselves, about Him. Don’t hold anything back! Real intimacy always begins with naked openness.

Second, VULNERABILITY. We must allow God to go wherever He wants to go with us. We must allow Him full and open access to our spirits. We must allow Him to investigate us, to search us and to know us!

Third, ECSTACY. Don’t forget folks, the purpose of marriage, of faithful intimacy, is both procreation and recreation! God is intent on our joy, our deepest joy! We too must be intent on His joy, we must be intent on pleasing Him. Make God’s joy, your joy, and I tell you, you won’t go far wrong. We must be intent on His pleasure. Imagine that! You see, to truly please ourselves, we must always seek to please Him first.

Lastly, NEARNESS. This is the real intent of spiritual intimacy, the banishment of loneliness by the presence, the felt nearness of the person you have set your love upon.

Tell you what friend, if you this year turn yourself into a hunk of burning love for your Lord, then your deepest desires will be fully realised. Go on, give it a try and put God in the OVEN of your own burning love.

Listen: - The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, And shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice. You shall yet plant vines on the mountains of Samaria; The planters shall plant and eat them as ordinary food. For there shall be a day when the watchmen will cry on Mount Ephraim, 'Arise, and let us go up to Zion, to the Lord our God.'" Jeremiah 31:3-6 NKJV

Pray:- Like the sweet song of a choir, O Lord God Almighty, come and lift me higher. Let the flame of Your passionate love, come lick my soul and raise my temperature toward You. Jesus, come and light my morning sky on the morrow, with Your burning love for me, that I might be inspired to please you with myself. Amen

No comments: