Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jan | 28 | Troubling The Tripartite Connection

Dream Word – CONSIDER

Proverbs 23:31-34 Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it swirls around smoothly; At the last it bites like a serpent, and stings like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things, and your heart will utter perverse things. Yes, you will be like one who lies down in the midst of the sea, Or like one who lies at the top of the mast, NKJV

Troubling The Tripartite Connection

The Paris residence of Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord, First Sovereign Prince of Bénévent, is now owned by the embassy of the United States of America. It is this same, political prince of Diplomats, this French rogue who was also a wine bibber, glutton and one of the first people to employ his very own celebrity chef, Chef Carême, also known as the “Chef of kings and king of Chefs.” I mention Tallyrand tonight, because this great fat French conversationalist, has had one of his most famous comments, displayed very far and wide in this big old world of ours. It is of course his own personal recipe for serving coffee, “Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love!”

It was a few weeks ago now, when my mornings seemed to begin with tiredness, move swiftly into fraught activity and end in twitching anxiety. After some heart palpitations, I realized that my new regime of Espresso with my wife in the morning and then not too much later, a tall Latte, to justify my sitting in a coffee shop and writing for a couple hours, was in fact hitting my system with enough caffeine, to make an old nag chomp at the bit in a bid to run in the Grand National! My anxiety was not an emotional or a spiritual issue, it was a physical manifestation of a drug taken into my system. The answer to my anxiety was quite simply to have a nice sweet tea to start the day followed by two large glasses of water.

My point tonight, is to remind you that as a tripartite being of body, soul and spirit, any effect on the body can have repercussions on the soul and the spirit. So if you are feeling a little distant from Jesus, a little less out of love with Him, then maybe, just maybe, you need to sleep more, drink more water and attend better to your diet and fitness. If you do these three things anyways, I suspect your spiritual life will increase with vigour and your emotional life with fervour. Take care of yourself! Your spiritual life depends on it. May all your imbibing then be as “Good as God, sweet as heaven, pure as an angel, and as tasty as love!”

Listen: - And in a window sat a certain young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep. He was overcome by sleep; and as Paul continued speaking, he fell down from the third story and was taken up dead. Acts 20:9-10 NKJV

Pray:- Father, for my overall health and my spiritual health especially, help me discern what to remove from my body and what to put into my body, make me wise in this, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: