Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jan | 15 | The Hiring of Larry Lightning Face

Dream WordCONSIDER

Matthew 28:1-3 Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. NKJV

The Hiring of Larry Lightning Face

A long, long time ago, Jesus put some job adverts up on an angelic notice board. It was one angel in particular, old 'Larry Lightning Face', good friend of Jesus, who liked surprise and loved talking about the new stuff he had found out about God and His creation, that actually was intrigued enough to apply for the job of ‘Temporary Tomb Tour Guide.’ It was a very short term appointment for sure and not much money in it but it caught his eye, because like I said, he loved showing the other angels the stuff he had found out about God and His creation and anyways, him and Jesus were like I said, very good mates.

“So anyway it’s not a tough job,” says Jesus

“What do you want me to do then Lord? How many folks will I be showing around and more importantly will You be there, 'cause I want You to see what I do, for though I say so myself, I’m pretty good at this you know, I love it? Do you remember when I found that secret solar system, you tucked away behind that red dwarf, well...”
 

“Ahem, yes” says Jesus, “Another place now overrun with the angelic mob relaxing on holy days and what’s with that whole Germanic lot claiming the beach for sunrise praise? Anyways, let’s not get sidetracked, I know you like this kind of stuff Larry, which is why I know you’ll do a good job and I can leave you to it?

“You’ll not be there then?” says Larry with some disappointment.

“No, No, I’ll not be there because you see, I’ll already be up and around, but I’d like you to come and roll away the stone anyways and then show a few folk around the tomb for a bit. A select few mind you, good friends of mine?”

“OK. Is that all then?”

“Well you know, I want you to do this with some gusto, some noise if you want, put on a show even, you do like noise don’t you Larry?”

“Love noise Lord, love it! Rumbling earthquakes, cracks of lightening, all that kind of stuff, love it!”

“Well with a face like yours, I know you can do this job with some ‘Pazzas, ‘some ‘Shazzam!’ Put the wind up the guards a bit of course, not too much, but enough so they’ll get the message.

“OK, OK, sounds good, then what?”

“Well, then you can relax, sit down a bit even. The guards will have fainted or run off, so just chill a little. I know you’ll be excited after your sound and light show and what with me defeating death and all that, but just calm yourself down a little, hang around and be that very 'Temporary Tomb Guide' that I need you to be. You know, show the punters around a bit, let ‘em have a ‘look see’ and then remind them, because they will have forgotten, to go and tell the those dozy and dazed disciples of mine, that I am making my way to Galilee to meet them at the appointed place. Simple really.”

“Yes, yes, OK got it, but what will You be doing then Lord?”

“I’ve just told you, I’ll be in my way to Galilee! Oh I dunno though, it’ll all be pretty exciting, you know what it’s like when you’ve just gotten back from somewhere and done really well! It’ll be nice to just turn up and surprise few folk maybe even jump out on them! Hilarious! Anyways, we’ll see. Well Larry! That’s the job mate, ‘Temporary Tomb Tour guide.’ Do you want it?”

“Do I get a ticket machine?”

“No of course you don’t get a ticket machine Larry, what’s wrong with you?”

“How about a Uniform? A green one maybe with a cap?”

“Well, now you’re just being silly! Do you want the job or not?”

“I’d love it Lord! I’d just love it.”

Jesus gets up shakes his hand and turns him around to take him out the meeting room, The angel, still excited and still talking says,

“ Thanks for the job Jesus? I know it’s only for a bit but I promise You, I’ll make You proud! Do you want me to tidy the place up a bit? You know, neatly fold the old grave clothes up, dust around a little, sweep maybe?”

“Yeah if you want? That’ll be nice”

“Of course Lord, presentation! That’s what’s it all about, presentation. Like I said on Andromeda...”

The Lord , looking over the shoulder of the excited and chattering angel at the long line of angelic host queuing up in the distance, waves to a smiling face and with great relief shouts,

“Next! Excuse me now will you, I’ve got to see this next chap, he wants to spook some shepherds at the beginning of the show, so until the empty tomb then Larry, until the empty tomb, G’bye! ”
 
Listen: - His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men. But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you." Matthew 28:3-7 NKJV

Pray:- Oh to be so confident of You O Lord, to be able to perform my God appointed task and then sit down upon it and wait in watching wonder at what You will do next. Oh for such relaxed confidence in all my coming days O Lord. In Jesus name I ask it, amen.

No comments: