Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jan | 07 | Fitted for Success!

Key Word:- TRUST

Title:- Fitted for Success!

Genesis 15:1, 2 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” But Abram said, “Lord GOD, what will You give me, seeing I go childless……”

One of my past jobs was that of “Fitness Instructor.” Whilst training people I have observed that testosterone is a powerful force, especially in young men! Filled with both it and the desire to become huge muscular hulks, young men growl at enormous weights and with great gusto, throw them about all over the place! However, the combination of this powerful natural chemical, determination, drive and desire, coupled with impatience to achieve that hulking frame, often leads to the lifting of too much weight, too quickly and to their inevitable injury. You would often hear me with raised voice tell people “Stop! You don't need all that weight to achieve your goals for goodness sake! All you need is 'enough'. Just ‘enough’ to do the job!”


So it is with faith. We don't need vast amounts; we just need ‘enough to do the job.’ And wonder of wonders, God, the greatest personal trainer of all, trains us up in such a way that we shall always have ‘just enough’ faith to get the job done.

God is about training us for success Get that! God is not about failure. So friend, this year remember: when you come to something substantially heavy, whether it be an object, situation, person, demon, or stronghold, indeed whenever you come up against anything that is enormous and seemingly unmovable in your eyes, remember, that this is no surprise to God and He who has trained you for success, has already ensured that you have ‘just enough’ faith to meet the problem.

Listen: He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,…Rom 4:20

“Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:22-24

Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:19-21

Therefore take heart, men, for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me. However, we must run aground on a certain island.” Acts 27:25-26


Pray: - Lord, my mast may be broken and my sails in tatters, indeed I may have to run aground on a certain island, yet I believe that you have also ‘ripped’ my spiritual muscles and fitted them for this task before me. Therefore, O God, I believe and speak! Therefore, O God, I believe and do! Therefore, O God, I believe and go! Therefore, O God, I believe.


No comments: