Sunday, January 8, 2012

Jan | 08 | "Arise, let us go from here."

Dream Word – RESCUE

Luke 2:10-12 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.” NKJV

“Arise, let us go from here.”

The most prescribed drugs in the Western world are anti-depressants. The most widely taken drugs in the Christian world are anti-depressants. The basic conclusion from this is that there appears to be no apparent connection or correlation between the words and works of Jesus and the practice of His followers. When just so many of the so called sons of His love are sustained by pills there has to be a problem here, doesn’t there?

Now tonight before I go any farther, let me say I am not condemning in any way whatsoever, anyone who is using anti-depressants. I am very simply pointing out the massive mismatch that exists between the proclamations of the Gospel and the practices of its recipients. Why is this?

I believe Henry Noweun was correct when he says that “Our culture has become most sophisticated in the avoidance of pain, not only our physical pain but our emotional and mental pain as well.” Now friends, in no way can this meditation of a few minutes at the end of this day answer the problem of our depression. Never the less may I make a suggestion to us all this evening, that somewhere we need to find a space and a place where our pain can arise, be remembered, be seen, be dealt with and then be healed? I wonder if our Christian problem with this oh so common and cosmic depression is indeed the avoidance of our pain? If this is the case then, not only must our pain not be dismissed but in a very positive way, it must be allowed to both live and express itself to death! Indeed, I wonder if God's light, loves pain to death?

This kind of healing, like epileptic demons, take both the time and attention of even the believing and fighting disciple. That being the case, maybe we can use our pills as an emotional bridging loan whilst the raw materials of our spiritual healing and health are gathered within ourselves, so that in this coming year, we might build a home in which we might dwell at peace with both God and ourselves?Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow is the time when some of us should earnestly begin this work within us, with friends, with God, with true spiritual shepherds, that we might be delivered from all our manufactured bottles of branded hope and solace once and for all?

Listen: - Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I. "And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here. John 14:27-31 NKJV

Pray:- Lord, I come to You, let my heart be changed, renewed, flowing from the grace, that I found in You. Lord, I've come to know, the weaknesses I see in me, will be stripped away, by the power of Your love. Hold me close, let Your love surround me, bring me near, draw me to Your side and as I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle and I will soar with You, Your Spirit leads me on in the power of Your Love. Lord unveil my eyes, let me see You face to face, the knowledge of Your love, as You live in me. Lord renew my mind, as Your will unfolds in my life in living every day, in the power of Your Love. (Lyrics by Lincoln Brewster)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The majority of people prescribed anti-depressants have a chemical imbalance. The anti-depressants gives ones the ability to be able (to even get to a point where one can) say a prayer. (or whatever way is chosen so that their lives become manageable) It isn't different than say taking thyroid medication to manage imbalanced hormones. For instance, many of us have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (too low). Medication is supposed to balance the endocrine system.

Anti-depressants don't mask or cover the pain, it gives one the ability to face their pain. Yes, God can deliver anyone from depression or thyroid diseases etc... But until he does, one can be their trust in God & perhaps have empathy for others (& show the love [help them] of Jesus) in like situations. On the other hand, usually hospitals will just give meds(to numb or inhibit natural brain [dopamine]chemicals)& Drs.refuse to talk about getting into the solution.

Anonymous said...

As a woman of 50 years, I know well the unkind nature of the flesh. Everyone I know is on something rather than deal with the facts of life and change their diet and take a 30 minute walk each morning. The companies get richer. The television commercials are out of control...drugs, drugs, drugs.

Women of Faith is a for profit organization that holds these giant gatherings. Almost every one of those speakers are on anti depressants and boast about it. They recruit clients for "New Life Clinic". The founder write books on relationships while he is on his 3rd marriage. He has a radio show which is ridiculous.

Whatever happened to a little glass of wine and a good cry? Kick the dog or something. We are addicted to perpetual happiness at the cost of losing our minds and bodies to this junk. I have friends who can't stop. They are always searching their handbag to make sure their pills are there. They get very angry if I suggest they stop before their liver gives out from the toxins.

Anne Lotz said "If there were prozac back then, David would have not written so many great psalms"...He was quite depressed at times. Aren't we all? This ties into what you wrote a week ago about laying your treasures in heaven with the emphasis on "In Heaven". I liked that one.

Thank you,