Friday, January 6, 2012

Jan | 06 | Revealing Fingerprints

Key Word:- OBEY

Title:- Revealing Fingerprints

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain. For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

I wonder if the Father gives His special attention to the sound of nails being hammered into wood? I wonder if even now, such a sound reaches heaven and causes once again, angelic heads to turn and gaze in expectant and fearful wonder?

One church I knew had a ceremony where new members affirmed their committment to the work and the community, by taking a hammer and a nail and nailing it into a very large and wonderful old cross! It was a genuinely moving experience and gorgeously haunting when laying the large old rugged cross down on the ground themselves and leaning over the crimson cloth, positioned at the place where hands and feet once bled for them, they would beat in their own distinct, twisted and rusty nail; their knees, personal finger prints and DNA covering the guilty sight of the hammered- home nail, evoking then, nothing short of mystery and awe!

Friends, Christ has been crucified for us to bring us to God and the fingerprints of our sin cover His cross. They are all over it! We are guilty, dripping in blood and shame. Yet His sacrifice makes us clean and invites us to glean of His blood bought goodness in this world, the grace which we need to be His labourers in His very own harvest field.

Surely this is good news friends; that our grubby prints have been found all over His wonderful, His Oh so wonderful cross. This year, may you my fellow ‘repenters’, always find your hands to be covered with the blood of His sacrifice for your sins.

Listen: - O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified Galatians 3:1

Pray: - Father in faith I say: “May my fingerprints be found all over the bloody cross of Your lovely Son, my Saviour, Jesus Christ the Lord. May His blood be found in the hair of my head and coagulated upon the lips of my thirsty soul. Between my toes Oh Lord; may His blood be found and dripping from my desperate fingers, for surely I have held His body and drunk His blood and tasted that yes indeed, the Lord is good! Now, my Jesus, help me to both think upon Your sacrifice and of my service with You in the place of Your calling for me, even the field of Your choosing. Amen and Amen!


No comments: