Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jun | 12 | Frankly, She Was Wrong

Dream WordBELIEVE

Romans 7:18-19 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. NKJV

Frankly, She Was Wrong.

In 1942, a young girl aged just thirteen years wrote expectantly in her new, red-checked diary, saying, “I hope I will be able to confide everything to you, as I have never been able to confide in anyone, and I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support.” In Amsterdam, she would soon go into hiding, spending the next two years of her life recording her experiences, thoughts, ideas and dreams, before being caught by the Nazis and shipped to Bergen Belsen where she would later die of Tuberculosis, just one month before the end of World War II. Today is Anne Frank Day, a good day for the life of this remarkable and very young woman to be remembered.

On July 21st in 1944, despite Anne's continual confinement and fears, she writes in a most remarkable and hopeful way saying, “It’s difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It’s a wonder I haven’t abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.” Unfortunately, in her observation of humanity as a whole and of individuals within it, Anne was so very, very wrong.

One of the major differences between Christianity, secular humanism and many world religions, is its one damnable conclusion that the fountain of man, that the root of man, that his heart, is essentially not good, no, is un-good, bad, even evil. This Biblical truth runs contrary to every fibre within our being, that despite the volcanic evil which like refluxial acid burns its way like hot lava, trenching its way up our throat to more often than not, explode from our devouring mouths, never the less declares to us again and again, that age old lie, that in truth, we are really good, yes in truth, we are intrinsically loving and moral, we just need a chance to shine, we just need the opportunity to let the goodness of humanity, the goodness of ourselves, to freely flow out from us. This is a beautiful dream, but remains a timeless lie, despite it being pushed down our throat again and again by anything and everything that Gene Roddenberry ever touched or touched upon.

The purpose of such a Biblical and damnable observation of humanity, even of you, is to bring you on your knees to Jesus. The purpose of such a Biblical and damnable observation of humanity, of even you, is to make you Christ-centred instead of self-centred. So let me ask you, “what’s your fountain source been today? What’s been your centre? Sinful self, or abiding in Christ. Don’t be fooled, you are corrupt at your core...... Abide in Christ....Abide in Christ.....Abide in Christ.....

Listen: - The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,'God, I thank You that I am not like other men — extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 18:11-14 NKJV

Pray:- Lord, this is a hard thing to believe. The older I live the more I see the truth of it in others, yet Lord, the less I am willing believe it fully about myself. What fierce and subtle perversion Lord, what deceitful and damnable heresy I seem to always believe about the intrinisc goodness in me. Jesus, be my centre, be my goodness, then this night and on the morrow and forever more I pray, help me to abide in You. Amen.
 
 

No comments: