Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jun | 28 | The Right Words At The Right Time

Key Word:- FORGIVE

Title:- The Right Words At The Right Time

Jeremiah 3:12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say: 'Return, backsliding Israel,' says the LORD; 'I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,' says the 
LORD; 'I will not remain angry forever. Only acknowledge your iniquity,


In the United Kingdom it was Ronan Keating of ‘Boyzone’ that popularised the lyrics of the song 'Baby Can I hold You Tonight'. In North America, that job was left to Tracy Chapman.

I truly believe that God is not silent in culture. Maybe the author of the books ‘Peace Child’ and ‘Lords of the Earth’, Don Richardson, had it right many years ago when he postulated that “Every culture is bejeweled by relevant images of redemption and we just have to find them.” I believe he was correct! Much more, I believe that God speaks today and constantly so, both in culture and through culture. You may have to pan the muddy rivers friends, but the good gold of God is shining there. So it is, with the profound lyrics of this song listen:-


Sorry
Is all that you can't say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like sorry, like sorry

Forgive me
Is all that you can't say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like forgive me, forgive me

I love you
Is all that you can't say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like I love you, I love you

But you can say baby
Baby can I hold you tonight
Maybe if I told you the right words
At the right time you'd be mine


This song tells, even re-enforces two things for us today.

Firstly, that true repentance does not come easily. It really is a work of grace that may sometimes take the years of a lifetime. Sorry, does not come easily.

Secondly, that confession, regret and turning can be encapsulated, indeed, must be encapsulated at the right time, with the right words of ‘sorry, forgive me and I love you.’ When this is done the God who appears to be afar off, will be draw near to us and we shall know that He is ours and we shall know that we are His.

Maybe Elton John was right as well!? For all of us, ‘Sorry seems to be the hardest word!’ Never the less, let us seek with tenacity and tears, these true places of repentance so that we may say…

Listen:- I am my beloved's, And my beloved is mine…….S.O.S. 6:3

Pray:- For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight — That You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when You judge. Lord, I am so sorry for my sin. Please forgive me.







No comments: