Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jun | 24 | Finding Forgiveness

Key Word:- LOVE

Title:- Finding Forgiveness

Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving-kindness I have drawn you.

Set in South Carolina in 1964, 'The Secret Life of Bees' by Sue Monk Kidd, tells of a motherless daughter's discovery of 'family.' The main character, young Lily Owens, flees town after springing her ‘coloured’ friend from jail. Taking residence with a trio of black ‘beekeeping sisters’ Lily finds the love of a mother she never had. It is revealed that as a young girl, Lily Owens accidentally killed her momma with a gun and this is the secret shadow that has dogged her, her whole young life.

Sue Monk Kidd, with great insight, presents the scene where Lily finally forms on her lips her crippling confession. As the author puts it, ‘this was the time and place she spilled out her guts and then hoped she wasn't tossed out to sea to wait for her punishment.’ A most devilish scene is then presented to us. Lily, weeping before her friendly confessor, during the discarding of all her sins and hurts, then experiences the most wounding accusation of all against her. The writer describes it again and most magnificently so, saying 'Probably one or two moments in your whole life you will hear a dark whispering spirit, a voice coming from the centre of things. It will have blades for lips and will not stop until it speaks the one secret thing at the heart of it all. Kneeling on the floor unable to stop shuddering I heard it plainly. It said, “You are unlovable Lilly Owen. Unlovable. Who could love you? Who in this world could ever love you?” And friends, there we have it. The one secret thing at the heart of it all, for us all. When all is revealed, when the garbage is dumped on the floor for God to pick through and everyone to see, who in this world could ever love us?
Forgiven in Jesus yet still believing this lie, becomes a cancerous disability; becomes a menaced muteness, a weight too much for anyone to bear, a lie too horrific for anyone to believe. Yet deep in our heart, we clutch this poisoned thought and our ears bleed shut to God's whispers of love. Cut by the bladed lips of dark and deceiving spirits that come to us in our shame and our confession and many times, often well before and long time after such desperate declarations, our tired and tearful eyes are poked out with sharp sticks of condemnation and so, being blinded to God's love and compassion, we are forced to retreat into our sour and sorry dens of self protection and continue to live out the lie, that no one in this world, no one, could ever love us.

The same God that says in our old nature “Dwells no good thing” also says that we are “More precious than the sum of this whole wonderful world and everything in it put together.” WE DON'T BELIEVE IT THOUGH! Not really. Our lives are testimony to that.

I wonder if God were to push a little love note under the door of our heart today that it might say:- “City of God. Dearest Jerusalem. Despite your broken walls, your poisoned waters and your dark, dark streets, I know your name. I know where you live. I love you. I think you're wonderful. You are more precious to me than all the named and shining orbs that hang in My sky. I love you I tell you. I just love you!” Well, there it is friend, next to the doormat of your heart! Read that note. Believe it. It’s true.,

Listen:- The LORD builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel. He heals the broken-hearted And binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Psalm 147:2-4

Pray: - Deliver me from the cruel lips of lying spirits, lying books and lying men Oh Lord. Help me to possess my loveliness before You O God my lovely Saviour, O Christ my bleeding sacrifice, O Jesus lover of my scarred and broken soul. Amen.





No comments: