Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jun | 07 | Samson’s Soft Sulphur

Key Word:- DANGER

Title:- Samson’s Soft Sulphur

Judges 16:20 And she said, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson!” So he awoke from his sleep, and said, “I will go out as before, at other times, and shake myself free!” But he did not know that the LORD had departed from him.

Of course it stinks. Sulphur, phew! It smells like bad eggs. Who would want stay anywhere near it and anyway, your inability to breathe correctly around it, surely would force you to run away into some much needed oxygenated air? However, when it comes to that devilish and secret sniff of sinful sulphur, many people imbibe on it and seemingly find it very, very attractive. It’s true! Our darkness thrives on sulphur.

Sulphur, I have learnt, is deadly but palatable when presented in strange mixes. The beginning of one poem I know reads:-

Sulphur Soft
This dawn treads forth
From gilded growling skies
To stroke the wanton curves
And breathe on lover’s lies


Ah, unrighteous sex and sulphur. Be careful now. It’s deadly but oh my goodness, it looks and tastes so good.

A wee while ago, I was one of those many thousands of people in the area in which I then lived, whilst happily driving along in my car, found it coming to a surprising but grinding halt! The fuel gauge still indicated that I was two thirds full, but the attending mechanic told me otherwise. I was empty, bone dry! Thousands of people in the county were experiencing the same issue. Eventually the suppliers of petroleum owned up to the problem. Their refining process had failed to take out the sulphur from the mix and too much sulphur left in the fuel, meant that the electronic float mechanisms in the fuel tanks of many vehicles became inoperative. You were filling up and you thought you were fine, but you were in fact deceived. Too much sulphur in the mix my friends, just too much sulphur in the mix. Interestingly, not every car exhibited the same problem. Some seemed to cope with the stronger mix, exhibiting no real outward problems. Well, not yet anyway.

Samson’s sulphur was a soft and delicate, desirable and delicious Delilah! It poisoned him slowly and even without him knowing it! So much so, that he went out to do business as usual, thinking he had a full and fully functioning tank, he came up empty. In the end though, Samson’s soft sulphur left him blind, bound and beaten. Me thinks we are maybe surrounded by many a weeping Samson today? Let me ask you friend “What sulphurous concoction are you knowingly imbibing on, secretly sniffing?” Let me put it another way, “What’s your poison?” Give it up friend, give it up today, for there is only blindness left at the bottom of that bitter cup. You know what I am talking about, so be careful now, be very careful!

Listen:-…For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14

Pray:- Lord, give me a nose and a taste for sulphur today. Lord let me be disgusted; Lord make me vomit; Lord help me run. Amen and amen!



No comments: