Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jun | 27 | The 2nd Hardest Thing To Do

Key Word:- FORGIVE

Title:- The 2nd Hardest Thing To Do

Luke 15:18-19 I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.”'

It took a combination of poverty and the pig pen to drive the prodigal home. It took the prophet Nathan and nine months of fear to break the heart and knees of the adulterer and murderer, King David. The passage of time and the death of a loved one, always sink their hooks into the prodigal's heart to help drag the buggers back.

A poem written in Derbyshire dialect, based on a prodigal hurriedly rushing into the local hospital before his father dies, reads:

Avf cumm tu see me fatheh
Is jus cum in todayh
I wint te see im at is aahse
But thid whisked him reet away

Avf cum tu see me fatheh
Cause we avn’t spoken much
An I’ve missed is kindly words
Ave missed is gentle touch

Avf cum tu see me fatheh
Cause I’ve only got but one
And I yam is bloody prodigal
And I yam ‘is loving son

Avf cum tu see me fatheh
Afore he gus away
I’ve come to tell ‘im “sorry dad
I wish that you would stay

I wish I hadn’t let thee dahn
I wish I weren’t reet freetened
I wish me eyes were cool deep pools
I wish me lips were sweetened”

Avf cum tu see me fatheh
Before it’s all too late
To tell ‘im that I love him
That I’ve left the land of hate

Avf cum tu see me fatheh
Ave come to get me ring
I’ve come to hold his old grey head
And hear his strong heart sing


The first hardest thing may be to forgive the persistent ‘pig penner’ but the second hardest thing to do, is to ask for forgiveness from others. Friends, what will it take? What will it take, to gain the gift of a broken heart that only God can fix? If you want to be whole, if you want to be restored, then you must seek forgiveness from those YOU have hurt, offended and let down. Do it today.

Listen:- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10

Pray: - Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your loving kindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies. Blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Amen and Amen.







No comments: