Monday, June 25, 2012

Jun | 25 | Who’s Your Daddy?

Key Word:- VICTORY

Title:- Who’s Your Daddy?

1 Chronicles 12:22 For at that time they came to David day by day to help him, until it was a great army, like the army of God.
 
You may have heard the old joke of the soldier who instead of receiving a rifle when visiting the quartermaster, is given a stick instead. “It’s no problem” says the quartermaster, “It’s a magic stick, just point it at the target and say “bang” and the enemy will fall” Sure enough, he enters battle with his magic stick and points it the enemy soldiers loudly shouting, “Bang! Bang! Bang!” Astonishingly, with each shout an enemy would fall down dead. All accept one of them that is, who despite not holding a weapon himself, never the less continues to walk steadily towards the soldier bearing the magic stick. As the enemy walks by, his hands held out in front of him as though he is clutching an invisible steering column, he is heard repeating constantly, “Tanka, Tanka, Tanka, Tank!”

Before ‘D Day’, to give the impression that the assault was coming from elsewhere, a great deal of time was spent by the allies in positioning wooden tanks and wooden mock up aircraft in their thousands, at points far away from official loading zones, thus deceiving the enemy as to the Allies true intentions. Indeed, in the darkness and during dire conflict, it has been known for soldiers to take the exhausts off jeeps and drive them slowly up and down, again thus giving the far greater force of the enemy the perception that heavy armor was now maneuvering for position against them. These tactics of deception are not new for humans, animals or insects! Indeed, the insect world is replete with tricky little decoys to stop the smaller and the weaker, from falling into the hands of the bigger and stronger prey.

Enemy deception against the Christian often acts in reverse and so friends, we have been deceived into thinking that we are the puny ones! I am not calling for blind stupidity in the face of the enemy here folks, but I am calling for an open heaven and some open eyes for the people of God to see who they truly are and to see what they have truly got! Honestly, the chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of thousands and the Lord is among them. His forces, our forces, are massive and He is the greatest warrior of all!

Today the great King amidst His forces still shouts loudly saying “As I live forever, If I whet My glittering sword, And My hand takes hold on judgment, I will render vengeance to My enemies, And repay those who hate Me. I will make My arrows drunk with blood, And My sword shall devour flesh, With the blood of the slain and the captives, From the heads of the leaders of the enemy.” Deuteronomy 32:40-42. Now let me ask you today Oh wimpering one, “Who’s your Daddy Christian? Who’s your Daddy?”

Unless you want cheese with that whine, I suggest you stop that little pity party the enemy’s deceit has caused you to invite all your friends to, and begin to see things as they really are, for YOU, HAVE BEEN DECEIVED!

Listen:- And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 2 Kings 6:17-18

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4


Pray:- Little me, stands in the middle of the Mighty and the Almighty. Let me see it today O Lord. Let me see it today and then let me grow into the warrior You have called me to be. Amen.







No comments: