Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jun | 06 | What Fru-Fru Forgot

Key Word:- BECOME

Title:- What Fru-Fru Forgot

1 Samuel 17:51 Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it.

Our third cat was most unusual. Marmalade, Piewacket and our last snow white addition, Princess Fru-Fru Tinkerbelle Snowflake or just Fru-Fru for short. Fru-Fru wandered into someone’s house on Christmas Eve and somehow arrived with us to be waited on hand and paw from thereon in. She was a most unusual creature.

I remember one day, for the last time, trying to put her outdoors. I lifted her up and walked towards the door; she was getting agitated at that point so I held her tightly. This freaked Fru-Fru out even more and somehow as I opened the door, she struggled up and out of my grip and sat astride my shoulders. I leaned over to pour her out onto the ground outside; in an instant, she had defied gravitational pull by dropping onto my back and impaling every claw she had all the way through my shirt into my flesh. It was ‘Garfield’ like in it’s ridiculousness, for I could not remove the cat from my back without lying on the floor in the house, so she could get off! Whilst lying there and begging her to remove herself, Fru-Fru finally peeled herself off and then ran under the bed. She was a weird cat that enjoyed much more the sterile, air-conditioned, quiet apartment, from the buzzing and warm, hunting environment right outside her door. This pampered Princess couldn’t even kill Cicadas on the balcony, but insisted on bringing them alive, buzzing in her teeth, as strange gifts to my unappreciative wife and making her responsible for the dispatch!

All our other cats ( four more over the years) used us a hotel, coming and a going as they pleased, leaving the odd dead mouse and bird's head as a thank you gift. Sometimes they’d be gone for days. This poor, poor pussy however, was more of a furry slipper than a ‘Jack the ripper’ kind of a cat. Fru-Fru was the only agoraphobic animal I have ever met! She slept on our bed during the night and anywhere else she found comfortable during the day. Fru-Fru had forgotten the fierce nature that lay within her.

Friends, have you forgotten who you are? Have you forgotten that you are a ‘stem of that victorious stock’ Jesus, Prince of Life; Jesus, Lion of the tribe of Judah; Jesus, Mighty God and Commander of the Armies of the Lord of Hosts; Jesus, King of Kings and Lord of Lords? Have you forgotten who you are? Poor, poor pussy cat, you little diddums you. You are a Lion for goodness sake! So, lift up your voice and ravage, roar against the enemy and rage against the coming of the night. Oh warrior of God! Please remember what Fru-Fru forgot, for I wonder if God is waiting for the heads of all your Goliaths to be placed before His waiting feet? Stop being a pussy!

Listen:- “Come near, put your feet on the necks of these kings.” And they drew near and put their feet on their necks. 25 Then Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; be strong and of good courage, for thus the LORD will do to all your enemies against whom you fight.” Joshua 10:24-25

Pray:- O Lion King. O mighty God, make me fierce, fearless and bold. Conquering Jesus, forgive me all my Fru-Fru-ness and teach me how to roar today. Amen!





No comments: