Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jun | 24 | Sticking Around To Taste The Vintage

Dream Word – CONTINUE

Song of Songs 4:10 How fair is your love, my sister, my spouse! How much better than wine is your love, and the scent of your perfumes than all spices! NKJV

Sticking Around To Taste The Vintage

The age of a bottle of wine has an important bearing on its character, that is, its taste, its colour and its bouquet, all of which in turn I find manifest their impact on my tongue in terms of beauty, balance and my bank account! I say my bank account because I have tasted older and sweeter wines that have cost enormous amounts of money, and frankly, they don’t taste as good as some much cheaper varieties. This is not only a subjective observation, but a proved and objective reality. Material cost does not make an older wine taste better, no it is much, much more than that, which goes into making a great vintage wine.

Not all wines of course improve with age, only a comparatively few wines seem to have the capacity to morph into a mature flavour whilst maintaining an inner, tip of the tongue, dancing vigour. You can’t always tell which wines these will be, but providing the harvest was good, it is the combination of time, temperature and the right kind of environmental tools which will allow the Master winemaker the opportunity to soften any harsh wine characteristic into something smoothe, something soft and something velvety on the tongue. To taste it though, listen now, to taste it and enjoy it, you’ve really got to stick around.

You need to know tonight that I do not know a great deal about wine, however, I do know a little about people. In this gained and increasing knowledge which I have accrued over the years, I have observed that when a man has finally begun to drink of a great bottle of wine, then his face bears a subtle and shining, well oiled gladness and that all his life and all his limbs seem to bounce, with re-sprung sinew-ed strength. I tell you, if you're sure of the roots, sure of the fruits and sure of the sunshine of God’s grace, then it’s well worth sticking around to see God finally uncork His vintage!

I wonder if the Scriptures might suggest, that there is nothing better for a bitter old man than some sweet decanter full of rich red, vintage wine? Let me speak clearly. Stick with your spouse, for if the Master Wine Maker has His way, the best is yet to come.

Listen: -
Give strong drink to him who is perishing, and wine to those who are bitter of heart. Proverbs 31:6 NKJV

....And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. Psalms 104:15 KJV.

Pray:- Lord, if there is one thing needed in our life, it is the removal of stupidity and the infusion of stickability. Give us faith, courage and tenacity today and in all the years to come to stick around and taste the uncorked vintage. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

No comments: