Friday, June 22, 2012

Jun | 22 | Singing Kings

Key Word:- CONSIDER


Title:- Singing Kings  

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”

“Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien...Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!” So sings King Aaragon in Tolkein's 'Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.'

Just in case you cannot speak 'Elvish', (hu hu, hu hu, thank you very much momma) King Aaragon is singing, “ Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.”

A multitude of thoughts flow out of Tolkein's great and marvellous trilogy; this lake of pictures filled to the full by Tolkein, but what struck me most during these final scenes, is that after the King is crowned, it is only then that he breaks into song! It really took me back. I can understand Royalty having great choirs singing for them, even picked soloists to serenade them, but when the crowned King himself gets up and starts singing, well I can hear the shattering of some boundaries as they fall to the ground in my head.

Imagine now King Jesus. Crowned and surrounded by innumerable beings of light; beings so awesome that current language fails in its descriptive ability! Imagine the noise of the redeemed, each one with a new song in their own hearts. Imagine the cascading clinking of millions of crowns cast before the Lamb on the floor of the crystal sea and then finally, imagine if you will, a silence in heaven, as the Saviour slowly stands and lifts up His voice; and moving through the vast throng of angels towards His awaiting bride , He begins to sing.

This song is prepared and practiced from before the beginning of time. It surpasses in description both the depth and the glories of the songs of the angelic sons of God as they once sang together in the morning light of creation, because each word sung in the Saviour's song settles your soul, salves your wounds, searches out the long questions of your heart and answers them in love and tender compassion.

Have you ever imagined friends, a singing saviour? What a wedding singer eh? What a wedding singer indeed.

Friends, our Savior sings! Do you hear Him today, do you really hear Him?

Listen:- They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb.
Revelation 15:3

Pray: - Sing me a lullaby, that Your soft and tender peace would wash o’er my troubled soul. Sing me a marching song, that I may possess the land. Oh Sing me some songs of merry magic, Jesus Lord my Saviour and open up to me the unfathomable depths of who You are O Lord. Sing to me Savior, Oh sing to me today. Amen and amen!




No comments: