Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jun | 02 | Of Midnight Street Cleaners and Mocking The Mad Dogs of The Night

Key Word:- FIGHT

Title:- Of Midnight Street Cleaners and Mocking The Mad Dogs of The Night

Psalm 59:14,15 And at evening they return, They growl like a dog, And go all around the city. They wander up and down for food, And howl if they are not satisfied.

How did you sleep last night? Did their howling keep you awake? Did you hear their padded paws prowling up and down, up and down, or their scratching and clawing at the door of your heart. Listen to the opening words of this poem, entitled the 'Boo Radley Blues':-


My blues are dressed in the palest of white
My blues only come out in the deep dark of my night
When quietness falls and all is so still
When weak the wall of this my will
To hold this skulking, sulking Boo Radley
Of my heart
Of my heart.


Sometimes, many of us do not see the night as a gift for His beloved sleep, but in trepidation, we perceive in the darkness, the open gate of an eerie silence which will eventually let loose the scary scavengers of accusation and condemnation, of regret and hatred into our minds, so as to both hound and worry us once more. For many people, the night holds little comfort.

Remember dear ones that these relentless mad dogs of the night are pack animals and they rarely scavenge alone, that is why the night can bring a multitude of condemning woes, of frightful and ripping accusations. These mad dogs of the night appear so uncontrollable and we seem to be so indefensible against them, that many of us have even taken to pills or alcohol, to try to keep these mad, bad dogs of the night away. But they will not go for you see, the garbage in the streets of our city is too much of a temptation for them. Yes, garbage in our streets. Now that’s the real problem.

So how can we, the temporarily insane (for that is how we feel) yes how can we, who are hounded almost to death by accusation, regret, condemnation, self-annihilation, and soulish degradation, how can we then live well and live somewhat peaceful in the day, whilst we are being so troubled and confounded, defeated and desperately hounded by these mad dogs of the night, that even steal away His beloved gift of sleep? How can we rid our midnight streets of such a howling?

It is the hardest thing in the world to do, but we must have faith in the goodness, grace, forgiveness and power of God toward us. Calling for such effort of belief and trust when all you want to do is crawl under a rock and die is I know, both a terrible and a trying demand! Yet no matter how hard it be, we must make take this hike of the Holy hypocrite, for friends, this is good hypocrisy. (Yes, there is such a thing.) Allow me to tell you more.
You see, this hike of the holy hypocrite is a hypocrisy that verges on madness, for when we acknowledge our desperate state, we must then also begin to sing to our desperate state! Yes! When a crack appears in the clouds friends, sing. When a feather of hope falls on your cheek, sing. When a faint breeze of brightness passes you by, sing. Curse and rage if you must and when you must, but when a glimmer of hope flickers somewhere in the corner of your eye, take the brief opportunity of distraction that it avails to you, then turn your head to it and sing. It’s madness I know. Yet what have you to lose? Dogs hate singing. Sing at midnight when you can but always, I mean always, sing in the sunshine.

Go on try it. Mock these mad dogs of the night by singing of His might, both through the day and through the night. If you do, they will slowly but eventually draw back and when evening comes, they shall not return!
Now, when this is done, when the howling stops, then my friend, it’s time to clean your streets. Big job! Long job! Permanent job! And the instruction of how to do it well is another story for another day, but for this day, please remember: Have faith, take faith, and sing to the mad dogs of the night, sing to them about Him and His great love for you.

Listen:- But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble. To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; For God is my defense, My God of mercy. Psalm 59:16-17

Pray:- Teach me O Lord, the song of the madman. Teach me to sing, in the face of my accusers, even in the face of the dreadful and dogged, night black enemies of my soul. Then O Lord, help me keep my streets clean. In Jesus name I ask it, amen.

 

No comments: