Friday, June 15, 2012

Jun | 15 |Tweety Birds or Twitchers?

Key Word:- BE

Title:- Tweety Birds or Twitchers?

Job 41:11-14 “If you lay your hands upon him, you will long remember the battle that ensues and you will never try it again! No, it's useless to try to capture him. It is frightening even to think about it! No one dares to stir him up, let alone try to conquer him. And if no one can stand before him, who can stand before me? I owe no one anything. Everything under the heaven is mine. TLB.

One morning a bird landed on our balcony and squawked provocatively at our cat. The cat’s lips and whiskers twitched in natural and menacing response. At the right time, she would pounce and nothing would stop her.

‘If I do not do, then how can I be?’
I am of course a man of my generation, of my hemisphere, country, and culture and everything that has flowed into these four things for centuries. For example, I have an overwhelming drive from a deep seated Protestant work ethic. I have a very ingrained view of work. Indeed, I feel as a man, that I must work. Like it or not, I find purpose, status, and significance in doing my job. Not that I want to be ‘the job’ but somehow without the job, any job, something inside me, ceases to be, I get sick and slowly die. Strange but true.

‘If I do not do, then how can I be?’
Over all my years walking on this planet, my journey has taken me to many places and many jobs. My hardest times have been in periods of “unemployment”. Kind and Bible-believing Christians have often quoted the verse “If a man shall not work he shall not eat” to me at those perilous times, for indeed, that is what time it is, to a man without a job, perilous! Maybe we should rather pity the unemployed Christian man and earnestly pray for him that he would gain good and profitable employment, rather than scold him? Especially if he’s in fellowship with some of those presently employed, inappropriate text-spouting, Bible-believers!

‘If I do not do, then how can I be?’
However, over the years I have also observed there is a greater peril than not having a job and that is, working in a job you hate, simply to put food on a plate, mate. Unfortunately, I have been and have had the misfortune to rub shoulders with thousands of people like this, these ‘dead men walking,’ all dutifully pounding the streets of their daily grind and dying in the process; inwardly with constant and abusive, rapacious regret. ‘If a man shall not work he shall not eat’ has become a mockery to millions of busy, fat western men, starving inside, dutifully doing something they do not want to do. Somewhere along the way, they have lost their wild ways and the wild Jesus that went with them, and church and Christianity for many of them, has become but a dutiful and boring bondage. Maybe this is one reason that less and less men are frequenting our churches, after all, ‘where’s the beef’ and of course......

‘If I do not do, then how can I be?’

You see, it is not simply enough to do anything that comes along, neither is enough simply to be! No, you must also do what you were created to be! Do you see that?
Friend, I pray today you will start 'twitching' again, that you will begin to do what you were created to be and that in the so doing, you shall be satisfied with your prey. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
One morning a bird landed on our balcony and squawked provocatively at our cat. Her lips and whiskers twitched in natural and menacing response. At the right time, she would pounce. Nothing would stop her.

Listen:- “I will not conceal his limbs, His mighty power, or his graceful proportions.” Job 41:12

Pray:-Jesus, let me be found faithful but fearless; wild like ocean’s rocks, yet steady, steadfast, sure and as beautiful as You created me to be. I ask this in Jesus mighty name, O Lord my God of joy. Amen!




No comments: