Monday, June 18, 2012

Jun | 18 | Holy Helicopters! Or, Slipping The Snares Of Surrounding Sorrows

Dream Word – GOODNESS

2 Samuel 22:5-7 "When the waves of death surrounded me, the floods of ungodliness made me afraid. The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry entered His ears. NKJV

Holy Helicopters! Or, Slipping The Snares Of Surrounding Sorrows

The distress of waves, floods, surrounding sorrows and confronting snares, were, according to the personal biography of David the King in the summary of his own life, the common waters of his dire distress.

In Psalm 18 and the following verses of tonight’s text, found just beyond 2 Samuel 22:8, David depicts himself as a man washed out to sea, lost at sea even, isolated , alone, weighed down, with miles of sucking water below and ten thousand miles of empty sea around him, having nothing to cling to, his cold legs pumped to exhaustion, struggling to keep his neck above the cold and pounding waves which continually raise themselves up, to loom like mountains above his struggling head, always ready to fall upon him with all their pent up fury! Alone and drowning in a vast unfriendly sea, David can do nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, but desperately tread water, hold his nostrils above the waves, look to heaven and open his mouth in desperate cry’s of “God Help Me!”

What follows from this simplest and purest of pleading prayers is nothing short of describing a North Sea coastguard helicopter rescue! David says that his come ‘Save My Sorry Ass’ pleas to God, were heard in the rescue control room of the temple of God and in being heard, salvation was immediately dispatched to rescue him from these same dark consuming waters. David justified his holy helicopter rescue, because of his own clean hands. He was on the right side of God you see, therefore, this is why mercy came a-running towards his desperate plea.

There is no better place to be than on the right side of God. Even when the flood of dark waters comes in upon us, it is still a strong and standing side to be found upon, a side of full expectancy. Yes, in times of flood, being on the right side of God, is a very good place be. Surely, if you keep yourself on the right side of God, then you can surely always expect a rescue?

In all your tomorrows, in conviction, confession, contrition and close communion, do keep on the right side of God, so that when the dark floods come upon you, as they most surely will, then amidst the waters you can call and look with confidence for the holy helicopter of His swift and sure deliverance.

Listen: - "He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters. 2 Samuel 22:17 NKJV.

Pray:- I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. Psalms 18:1-3 NKJV

No comments: